Question / Help Razer Kraken 7.1 headset won't work with OBS [fixed!]

oliverslol

So I got the Razer Kraken 7.1 headset today and I tried running my stream but I recieve the error message "Cannot initialize desktop audio sound" and then the client closes. I snooped around the forums and found out it is indeed a problem with the headset but someone by the name of "Jim" (sorry new to forums don't know anyone) could figure out a work around, I'm hoping he is still around and can give me some advice on how to tackle this problem

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Re: Razer Kraken 7.1 headset won't work with OBS - Jim pls h

Disabling "kraken launcher" at startup, and then restarting the computer is the way to get it to function, I believe.

For example in the following thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6723&p=39477&hilit=kraken#p39477

He disabled the razer kraken launcher and it worked. You could probably do this with msconfig (typing in msconfig into start/run) instead of some external thing like ccleaner.

oliverslol

Re: Razer Kraken 7.1 headset won't work with OBS - Jim pls h

Yeah that did the trick. I ran msconfig.exe > went to start up > kraken launcher > disable at staratup > restarted pc > worked! Ty :D

Vegard

I've tried that But then my audio on razer get's a little bit bad... and im not sure why