Random Playout

Random Playout 2024-01-28

Firetime

Firetime submitted a new resource:

Random Playout - Playout script that selects random media from a text file

Explanation
LUA script that converts OSB into a random Playout application. After each show it displays a schedule of the next three upcoming shows with a random background music track. After the schedule it plays a short moment of Zen/interlude video before starting the next show.

Setup
Create three scenes in OBS:
  1. TV
    • Scene must have a Media Source object that will display the shows.
    • Recommend using "transform > Fit to screen" (ctrl+F) on the media source if the...

Read more about this resource...

tombeew

Thanks lot for your great script. It runs on my iMac and it is a real improvement. I like this script!
One question or better a change: The videos will now play in random order, could you build a checkbox for random oder ordered run? This would helps. I think you 've at the LUAscript these math.random functions which are responsible for this, but I've no knowledge.

Firetime

Attached is a version that will play from the top to the bottom and repeat. Everything else is the same.

Attachments

• OSB_Playout_Linear.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 10

tombeew

Hi Firetime, many, many thanks for the "current id" :-) It works and both version have PRO & CONS, but for me is the linear much better. The txt files are now the "control instance". The creator/streamer decide which video is frist, second, third... and this is more control in the workflow. Great script and I really like it. Many thanks again.

tombeew

...perfect tool. And I can write the txt file easy with Numbers, Excel i.e.

Attachments

• screen 1 schedule.jpg
    screen 1 schedule.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-15 um 18.40.47.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-15 um 18.40.47.png
    151.2 KB · Views: 18

Firetime

Awesome, glad it works for you.

Also for anyone on windows needing a way to generate the file lists quickly if you open a folder and paste the following command in the address bar it will create a list of files in that folder and sub folders and place the absolute paths into the clipboard. Just paste that into your media text files and add the additional meta data as required.

cmd /c dir /a:-d /s /b | clip

This is a modified version of the command from a nextofwindows article.