Bug Report Random Freezing?

WhyTheKarma

Well not necessarily random. Every 2-3 seconds, my stream freezes. Everything else is perfect. I'm not sure if it's a setting I changed that is causing this, but please, help.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
We don't have a profiler in the Mac logs yet, but I'm guessing that i3 is struggling a bit to encode at 720p60. Try 30fps, and perhaps even a smaller resolution as well.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Are you streaming to Twitch? Is the issue that the stream is buffering a lot?

Are the freezes also in the recordings of the stream?

WhyTheKarma

No, I have no lag issues when I'm streaming, but when I watch the stream, the video freezes for about half a second about every 3 seconds. There isn't any buffering. And it also freezes in the stream recording.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Do you have a vod of this? Does it happen if you lower the output resolution of the stream to something like 540p?

I completely forgot to add the encoder CPU usage stats to the log file. I really need to get that in. What's your CPU usage on the OBS status bar like while streaming?

WhyTheKarma

http://www.twitch.tv/whythekarma/b/551395533 When I lower the resolution nothing changes. The CPU usage is about 38% when I play a game along with streaming, idle it sticks around 17%. The amount of usage doesn't change the freezing though. And this is at 30 FPS and 720p. Additionally, the only thing that freezes is the video feed. Not the audio. Also it's not lag in my game, I don't lag on my screen, but the stream freezes.

MissDoItBig

Yup I am having the same problem, no buffers, no dropped frames just Screen freezes. The music is still going and my people can hear me it just my video freezes.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
When we put out the next version I'm going to have some more diagnostic data in the log file to see what the cause is. I may even add UI stuff for it, but it hasn't been decided what form it will take if we do that.

MissDoItBig

This is a screenshot of my OBS after it froze... I tried getting it to unfreeze by moving my cursor over it but the more I moved my cursor over it, it descrambled to the point where the WHOLE screen turned to this.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 7.43.55 PM (2).png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 7.43.55 PM (2).png
    246.8 KB · Views: 146

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
king_sitm - Your output resolution is too high in that log file: 2560x1600 and even 1704x1066 encoding on a 2-core processor will cause this sort of thing to occur. It should say that you're using a high amount of CPU usage on the CPU usage indicator.

You need to set the output resolution to a lower value that your system can handle. Try something like 960x600 or somewhere around there.