Question / Help Question and Thanks

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Chromium already supports all the different operating systems by itself, and thus the browser plugin supports all operating systems; there just aren't releases for it that aren't on mac currently, and faruton's been busy with life things to make builds (that and the build server is currently down as of this posting). Besides, I still might do some API breakage, and so it's probably best to wait before making full official releases of the browser plugin for the multiplatform build until the multiplatform build is itself officially released for windows.

Furthermore, I would like to note that the project is designed not to have unnecessary dependencies like Qt floating around everywhere just for the sake of convenience. The only thing in our project that uses Qt is the user interface, and that's actually an optional part of the repository; other user interfaces will probably be out there that use the back-end that won't use or won't want to use Qt, thus depending on Qt in other places unnecessarily puts extra burden upon them. This is what I call Qt-creep. People go "oh, but you're already using Qt over there, why not use it for this or that over here and over there as well?" without realizing the consequences of such a statement. This is one of the biggest dependency traps I've seen good programmers fall in to, and one of the reasons I dislike Qt as a whole despite it being a pretty decent UI toolkit. Avoid that mindset, and you'll be better off for it.

Last edited:

BobDev

Chromium already supports all the different operating systems by itself, and thus the browser plugin supports all operating systems; there just aren't releases for it that aren't on mac currently, and faruton's been busy with life things to make builds. Besides, I still might do some API breakage, and so it's probably best to wait before making full official releases of the browser plugin for the multiplatform build until the multiplatform build is itself officially released for windows.

Furthermore, I would like to note that the project is designed not to have unnecessary dependencies like Qt floating around everywhere just for the sake of convenience. The only thing in our project that uses Qt is the user interface, and that's actually an optional part of the repository; other user interfaces will probably be out there that use the back-end that won't use or won't want to use Qt, thus depending on Qt in other places unnecessarily puts extra burden upon them. This is what I call Qt-creep. People go "oh, but you're already using Qt over there, why not use it for this or that over here and over there as well?" without realizing the consequences of such a statement. This is one of the biggest dependency traps I've seen good programmers fall in to, and one of the reasons I dislike Qt as a whole despite it being a pretty decent UI toolkit. Avoid that mindset, and you'll be better off for it.
Well thx for the clarification, I thought you guys use it more than just UI, I personally disagree with you it is not just convenience but it is understandable why you would not use it just for the sake of using it, QT is very well suited for certain things like automotive industry or embedded devices, also one thing worth to mention is that Digia introduced something called QTWebEngine which is based on chromium - because of webkit limitations - http://qt-project.org/wiki/QtWebEngine:)

This question was just based on me being intrigued what you use and why it is not released to all multi versions yet, I just was under assumption that there must be significant porting problem and using the same browser base from QT could ease the pain - I guess I was wrong :)

My curiosity was fulfilled, thank you good sir for the answer

Osirisu thanks for the help i just unisnatalle dit and got obs 0.7.3 now everything works . I dont know why it fif not work but 7.3 works like a charm and is very smooth you should put this as a publc release on the mainpage. There are some people who dont know you have to go to github for thenew releases

are you in windows or linux? also, just FYI. all external usb capture devices may suffer some latency induced desync issues with multiple audio sources. i think...... xD
Im in windows and btw usb 3.0 devices have such little latecy that i can play off the preview winow. AND IM ON WINDOWS. The u3 works fine and the quality is great.(this capture card is very unstable in obs 0.636 beta, use the newest veresopn obs 0.7.3)