Question / Help Quality Expectation

Kurcen

Hello all,

I am new to this recording thing. I am wanting to do some Let's Play videos for YouTube. Just a personal hobby. My goal is to have good quality for my YouTube uploads. I am wanting 1080p and 60 fps. I am currently wanting to do FPS single-player games that I liked a lot when I was younger (Half-Life, Crysis, Prey, etc.). I am wanting to record videos and edit them with a video editor like Davinci Resolve.

My Rig Specs =

CPU: i9-9900K
GPU: EVGA Nvidia 2080 Super
RAM: 32G DDR4
Drive Space: M.2 nVME 1 TB (drive I am recording and video editing on)

My question is this: Assuming I am playing Crysis on all Ultra High settings, how would you go about recording a high-quality video? x264 or NVENC? What would you set CRF to? 14? 15? 23? What expectation of quality would you have with a rig like this? Would you expect for it to have no hiccups? Would you set V-Sync to cap the frames at 60? I have a 240Hz monitor, but YouTube only accepts 60fps so I feel like using V-Sync and capping it at 60 is just better to reduce stress on CPU/GPU.

Just curious what settings you would start with and what expectation you would have in regards to the quality. I know Crysis is a very demanding game (even over a decade later), so I'm just curious how others would approach it.