Push to talk Hotkeys

stuntz

hello, i hope there isnt any topic about this.

First of thank you for all your dedication to this software it is simply amazing. Ive found out about it by a friend casting a game and tested it out. Zero lag when playing and streaming.

Id like to ask if it was possible to add "Shift" as a selectable Hotkey for push to talk. Like shift + other key works but only shift does not. If there is a way to bind it manually id gladly do it :)

EDIT: I fount that there is a way by going into "profiles" folder and change the value to "PushToTalkHotkey=16"

stuntz

Well ive been able to bind the key by going into the file itselft but it doesnt seem to work while streaming... any help would be nice.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I'll see what I can do about it, there shouldn't be a reason why you can't bind a modifier key alone.

Detonation

This would be absolutely wonderful! I normally use left-Alt for push-to-talk on Mumble, so being able to stream with it like that would be very convenient.

Thanks for everything you do, I love OBS! :)

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I hopefully plan to get this in the next update -- sorry about the delay in updates as of late. been working on the game capture source and it's been eating up a ton of my time

samao

also would it be possible to add multiple keys as I often use mumble as well as ingame chat while playing a game each with their own hotkey

DarkHalf

samao said:
also would it be possible to add multiple keys as I often use mumble as well as ingame chat while playing a game each with their own hotkey

I would like to see this feature too. I use Mouse 3 (top thumb button) and Caps Lock for push to talk, as sometimes either hand is busy pushing buttons but I still want to transmit. Currently I'm using the system wide "What you hear" mix for the recording source, with my microphone set to play back through my speakers. This means all noise going through my mic is captured, but its an imperfect work around as of course background noise tends to pollute the audio.

I've not done it yet but I was going to write a quick program that kept the Mic playback muted unless a hotkey was detected, which will probably provide similar functionality in my case, though that may break as I'm not sure how having both Mumble and my program listening for PTT key will affect things.

Warchamp7

Forum Admin
DarkHalf said:
Currently I'm using the system wide "What you hear" mix for the recording source, with my microphone set to play back through my speakers. This means all noise going through my mic is captured, but its an imperfect work around as of course background noise tends to pollute the audio.

Do you have speaker audio disabled in OBS then? Cause otherwise that sounds like you'd have audio coming through twice

I would like to be able to use multiple keys for push to talk as well. For most games I use Mouse 5 to talk, but every time I play a game that works better with an Xbox controller I have to switch my binding to a button on that.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Okay, multiple hotkeys is definitely noted -- may not be right away but I'll definitely put it in.