Push to talk hotkey

YeahBunny

If it's possible, You could make possibility to set TAB as a "Push-to-talk" hotkey.
I am using TAB in voice chat softwares while playing with my team, and it's hard to press 2 buttons at a time while want to say something on stream and voice chat.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
TAB isn't currently supported at the moment, I'm not entirely sure if I -can- make it supported but I'll take a look at it some time

Dajova

Krazy said:
What's the reason for that, btw? Is it some silly Windows thing?
I am using TAB in voice chat softwares while playing with my team, and it's hard to press 2 buttons at a time while want to say something on stream and voice chat.
toüsché :)

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Yes, how it works normally for dialogs and things is tab is used to "go to the next control" in a dialog/window, so it's the one key that's sort of currently off-limits with the hotkey control.. It's probably fixable, though there are so many other priorities that I can't really guarantee I'll spend time on it any time soon, especially with the fact that I'm already constantly delaying everything else all the time

pystub

Currently this can be achieved by opening your profile ini file in %APPDATA%\OBS\profiles and changing the desired hotkey value to 9.

If by any chance you're having trouble with other keys, check this out http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms927178.aspx (remember, the values in that page are in hex while OBS wants decimals, so unless you can convert numeral bases, you'll have to open up that good old calculator).

I doubt that there is any real benefit in implementing a system wide keypress lockdown just to capture tab key (unless there's already something like that in place).

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
...why didn't I think of suggesting that as a workaround. That's brilliant. I can't really get it into the app at the moment because.. well, I haven't had time to do anything at all, but that's a perfectly good workaround for the time being

YeahBunny

pystub said:
Currently this can be achieved by opening your profile ini file in %APPDATA%\OBS\profiles and changing the desired hotkey value to 9.

If by any chance you're having trouble with other keys, check this out http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms927178.aspx (remember, the values in that page are in hex while OBS wants decimals, so unless you can convert numeral bases, you'll have to open up that good old calculator).

I doubt that there is any real benefit in implementing a system wide keypress lockdown just to capture tab key (unless there's already something like that in place).

Thank you so much. It helped me a lot.

computerguy

to toggle voice chatting is much more professional and easier given not always do you know when you mic is muted if it is either off or on as to just being able to press to chat.