Bug Report Push-To-Talk delay resetting itself

Noodlesocks

When using push to talk, the first time I hold the button to talk, it works fine. The voice is picked up instantly and transmitted as I'd expect. However, after the first time using push to talk, there is a delay between holding the key and my voice being transmitted, usually resulting in my voice being cut off because I released the key before it is fully transmitted.

What I'm having to do is hold the key for a couple of seconds after speaking and only then do I see the mic bar move and my voice transmits. I have tried fiddling with the delay option in settings and while it works for the first push, any pressing of the PTT key after that brings back the delay.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
interesting, is everything still in sync outside of the push to talk?

WayZHC

Whats your headset/mic and what soundcard? Might be a driver issue. Btw Jim; does OBS keep the mic drivers active or are they disabled while push-to-talk key is not pressed. If it disables them it can be the reason why this happens. Some bad drivers needs some time to launch?

Noodlesocks

Jim said:

Yup, when I have PTT turned off, everything works fine, even when using the mute mic function instead of PTT. The mic uses a regular line-in jack so it doesn't have it's own specific drivers. The audio drives I'm using just now are VIA High Definition Audio 6.0.1.9500 driver version... I don't remember the exact model number of my soundcard unfortunately :|

I at least know that other programs with PTT features work fine for me.

WayZHC

Noodlesocks said:
Jim said:

Yup, when I have PTT turned off, everything works fine, even when using the mute mic function instead of PTT. The mic uses a regular line-in jack so it doesn't have it's own specific drivers. The audio drives I'm using just now are VIA High Definition Audio 6.0.1.9500 driver version... I don't remember the exact model number of my soundcard unfortunately :|

I at least know that other programs with PTT features work fine for me.

Yeah but it still needs the "High Definition Audio 6.0.1.9500" drivers so if OBS disables drivers everytime and actives when PTT key is pressed, it might cause a problem.

Anonymous1000

I have the same Problem, its because of the processing of Audio and having delays because of buffer sizes.. so the Audio is delayed and therefore cut off when releasing the PTT button..

release time in OBS keeps resetting to 0 ms..

PLEASE HELP!