PS5 Picture Freezes With OBS When Recording

Lorne.T

Just moved from a Mac to a PC laptop using OBS today. I asked for settings earlier but it looks like I've got decent ones now, and with a bit of playing around with Davinci Resolve, managed to get some okay 4k footage.

A Couple of times today OBS has frozen during PS5 capture. I've had to restart my computer to get it working again, as it doesn't find the capture card once I restart otherwise.

I did think it might have been my laptop going to sleep, but I changed these settings and it "crashed" about 15 minutes into a test recording.

I want to start using iit properly tomorrow, so would really like to fix the issue. I've attached a log , with the major issue starting towards the end.

The recording has the image freezing, So it's not just what you see on OBS (a frozen screen), while it records anyway

Attachments

• gwhD9H00Sryuv2oR.txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 24

Lorne.T

I always seem to be the one that comes up with may own solutions, but it could have been having too many things plugged into my USBs. There were only three, but I removed my external HD and it now works. It means I have to copy my video over to the HD after recording but it only takes a few minutes, so happy with the workaround.