Question / Help PS4 - Jitter Issues

NEGATIV_SPACE

I noticed a problem while doing a test stream last night. Every once in a while, the content captured from my PS4 would "jitter". It was like it quickly shifted up and down (for like a split second), and that little jitter would carry over to Twitch. I only had one other layer above that, my stream cam, which never moved/jittered. It was always just the layer with the PS4 captured content. Has anyone ever experienced that or something similar, and if so, any suggestions how to fix it?

I tried adjusting various settings in output and video, but nothing worked. I don't know if it's an OBS issue, a capture card issue, an OBS Link issue, a macOS issue, or what...

Setup: PS4 -> Elgato HD60 S -> iMac -> OBS Link Software -> OBS

Really new to this, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Narcogen

Probably an issue with Elgato's hacky workaround for MacOS support. NDI is usually used to substitute a local network connection to get content from one device to another without a capture card.

Here they're generating a local NDI feed because they don't have a native device driver for their card under MacOS, so they're sending NDI from their app into OBS. There's no way that's going to perform as well as a native driver would.