Bug Report ProRes codec was fine but now tearing badly

pkv

Developer
@TheRealStudio13 Your issue is related with obs in a tangential manner ; it's rather an issue with ffmpeg and its dll.
It would be helpful for you to check with ffmpeg.exe binary directly if prores_aw works fine. Once a working version is found , this will set a target for updating avcodec.dll . Check the command line output of ffmpeg to know the libraries versions and report back here or on mantis.

TheRealStudio13

@pkv thanks for the reply. I would like to help the best I can however I don't know how to "check with ffmpeg.exe binary directly if prores_aw works fine" or to "Check the command line output of ffmpeg to know the libraries versions" if I knew how to do that correctly I would be happy to help. I'll ask a friend for help with this but can't guarantee any action yet.

pkv

Developer
@pkv thanks for the reply. I would like to help the best I can however I don't know how to "check with ffmpeg.exe binary directly if prores_aw works fine" or to "Check the command line output of ffmpeg to know the libraries versions" if I knew how to do that correctly I would be happy to help. I'll ask a friend for help with this but can't guarantee any action yet.

for instance
https://wideopenbokeh.com/AthenasFall/?p=111

on windows download ffmpeg.exe from zeranoe for instance.
When you execute ffmpeg on command-line it spouts forth the libraries versions.

TheRealStudio13

Thanks @pkv I'll use this info when I have the time to look into the issue with ffmpeg. As it turns out on my systems here I cannot get the more current version working that @thender is suggesting. The only version that work for me are 0.16.2 and below.