Prompt to Manually Name Recording When Stopped

Hootwheelz

This was asked for way back in 2017, and never again. However, I believe this is a very important option to add since I've noticed how simplified my job would be as a hobbyist broadcaster using OBS Studio. I'm good friends with somebody who actually owns and operates a broadcasting firm which also uses OBS Studio, and he runs into the same issue with this clumsy inefficiency.

With the "Situation" going on around the world, every sports event has been canceled. The only sport that has truly succeeded at emulating the real deal in virtual form is motorsports, and virtual motorsports is what I broadcast. My specific genre of motorsport is tandem drift battling, where two competitors do two runs of a section of the course, with one driver in front of the other driver for the first run and then switching places on the next run. This means my broadcasts require two different recordings for a side by side comparison of those runs. Being able to manually name my recordings when the recording is stopped would make my job drastically more simplified. All I would have to do is name the recording of the first run "1" and the recording of the second run "2." The replays would be automatically overwritten. I wouldn't have to enter studio mode, change the media sources on both recordings and waste valuable time or risk a misclick. Furthermore, this would save an EXTREME amount of disk space, as most drift tournaments require a large number of these recordings.

I have a demonstration of my broadcast under the spoiler. Thanks for reading!