Question / Help Projector Preview causing choppy game during dual PC streaming.

KamikazeOG

Hi everyone! I posted this long time ago but no one helped. Hopefully this far in the future someone has found a fix.

I own 2 PCs. My gaming PC has an i78700k and a 1080ti. My streaming PC has a i5 8600k, 1050ti, elgato PCIe capture card. The gaming PC has 2 monitors (1080p 144hz and 1080p 240hz) and I use the 240hz as my main monitor and the other as side monitor. My streaming pc uses one monitor (1440p,144hz). The gaming PC uses Display port for the monitors but I use HDMI from gaming pc to connect to elgato in streaming PC.

When I try to stream I use the streaming PC to capture the video coming from the gaming PC. I use the projector preview function on my gaming PC obs to send it over.

The problem is that, while my streaming PC is displaying the capture with the appropriate settings, my game on my 240hz screen starts to get choppy, as if my 240hz screen suddenly went down to 60hz. Another way to describe the picture is how it looks when you get a slight fps drop. While this problem happens my FPS is stable in every game and as soon as I stop using the projector preview function it goes back to normal so i know its not a game settings problem. Any ideas?

And no I'm not accidentally pressing "start streaming" on my gaming PC.

Narcogen

This is a known issue when using multiple monitors with different refresh rates on Windows 10. There are multiple threads about it. I'm not aware of a current workaround other than changing refresh rates.