Project64 fullscreen capturing

prutte94

I have OBS and think it's great. It's way better then Xsplit in many ways. There is one thing that neither OBS nor Xsplit manages to do and that is making it possible to capture Project64 in fullscreen. This makes the game kind of irritating to stream cause you can't get the 16:9 format, just 4:3 and since I don't do anything special on my stream, just casual gameplay and commentary, the least I want is quality and being able to stream the game at 16:9 instead of 4:3 and having to fill the black bars with images.

If it was possible to make a plugin or something that made this possible I would be extremely happy. Or if there is someone who knows a different solution please share it with me.

prutte94

The things is that it is possible to play project64 in fullscreen 16:9 without it looking like shit. The only problem I'm having is that it's impossible to capture it as it is now. I just wanna be able to capture that so that I won't need to fill the black bars.

Grimio

The fullscreen mode is definitely stretching the image. Personally, I prefer the correct aspect ratio.
I tried capturing Project64 and I couldn't get it to work other than monitor capture which won't work in fullscreen.
Emulators are weird, a lot of them have problems with capture software, especially the old ones.

Haliinen

Jim said:
How does project 64 output? Which graphics API?

It depends on the API the plugin uses, there are many plugins out there that either uses DX8, DX9 or OpenGL. I've got Glide64 plugin to work with OBS Game Capture (which I consider to be the best graphics plugin out there, and it uses OpenGL to output the graphics).