Question / Help Problems with DJ set livestreaming setup / rekordbox + DDJ-400 + OBS + Macbook

V.R.

Hello,

Can anyone share a reliable setup (settings, etc.) for streaming with OBS + rekordbox + Mac?

I tried looking for alternative setups, but couldn't find one directly for this controller (the DDJ-400). I tried setting up mine following a guide provided for a different controller - the DDJ-1000. Everything seemed to work fine but then I realised that I am unable to pre-cue a track (basically the headphone output wouldn't output sound, I could only hear the master channel with the cue-master knob turned all the way to master.

Notes:

- I am using a Mac

- I used Soundflower

- I use my controller's master outs for a monitor speaker

Attachments

• IMG_1104.PNG
    IMG_1104.PNG
    109.8 KB · Views: 651
  • IMG_1105.PNG
    IMG_1105.PNG
    404.2 KB · Views: 656
  • IMG_1106.PNG
    IMG_1106.PNG
    109.6 KB · Views: 602

Simsyboy73

Hello,

Can anyone share a reliable setup (settings, etc.) for streaming with OBS + rekordbox + Mac?

I tried looking for alternative setups, but couldn't find one directly for this controller (the DDJ-400). I tried setting up mine following a guide provided for a different controller - the DDJ-1000. Everything seemed to work fine but then I realised that I am unable to pre-cue a track (basically the headphone output wouldn't output sound, I could only hear the master channel with the cue-master knob turned all the way to master.

Notes:

- I am using a Mac

- I used Soundflower

- I use my controller's master outs for a monitor speaker
Hi did you resolve this ? I’m having exactly the same issue and I’ve been at it half the day. I run a MacBook Pro 13 with usb c ports so I’m running a dongle for the ddj in. Any help would be amazing as I have a show on tuesday

Fluxy44

I'm having the exact same problem!
I've watched a lot of videos and changed settings in all the programs (even my mac preferences) but i can't seem to fix it.
I could livestream with sound on facebook when I used the virtual audio cable program 'loopback', but it starts messing with the sound after 20 minutes unless you buy the full version...
Does anyone know how to fix it using Ishowu audio capture? Please help

conform

Have you checked out this video explaining how to set up an external soundcard w/ OBS using BlackHole? I found it super useful Not a DDJ user myself so can't attest to its usefulness, but maybe it'll offer something for you?

Nass86

Hi guys, I stream / know a lot of streamers - one thing I can definitley say is Rekordbox and OBS on the same machine will usually cause issues.

Rekordbox and OBS put a lot of strain on resources. So does opening Chrome whilst doing it. It's too much, even for a new mac.

It's much better to stream from another computer, or a mobile solution such as those talked about in this video.

Good luck.