Problems Recording Window and Desktop Audio

Anny

LOG FILE:

I am new to OBS and want to use it to capture the video and audio playing in my web browser (eg, to record a snippet from a YouTube video). I’ve watched several tutorials, but I can’t get the program to work right.

I’m on a Mac, so I’m using Loopback to record the desktop audio. Loopback is sourcing audio from my web browser (Google Chrome) and from OBS. In OBS, I have two sources: Audio Input (which is set to Loopback) and Window Capture (which is set to the browser tab that I want to record).

When I try to record something, I end up with a poor result. The first few seconds are frozen, with no audio or moving video. After a few more seconds, the audio will kick in, but the video will barely move at all.

I also can’t hear the original video’s audio when I’m recording it. This didn’t happen until I tried to adjust the settings, so I probably messed something up. :|

I looked at the “Dropped Frames & General Connection Issues” page on OBS, but it appears to be talking about streaming, not window/desktop audio recording. I also tried lowering the bitrate, but it didn’t help.

I’ve attached screenshots of what my Loopback and OBS setups look like. I’m new to both of these programs, so I could just be making an obvious mistake. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Anna

Attachments

• OBS.png
    OBS.png
    817.3 KB · Views: 14
  • OBS Recording Settings.png
    OBS Recording Settings.png
    491.6 KB · Views: 14
  • OBS Video Settings.png
    OBS Video Settings.png
    390.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Loopback.png
    Loopback.png
    285.7 KB · Views: 13

Anny

UPDATE: After more research, I realized that the problem was my computer. It's too old to keep up with the video speed, even when I lower the bitrate and resolution. I tried using OBS on my newer computer, and it worked very well!