Question / Help Problem setting up the Green Screen/Chroma key

I'd try lowering your similarity value and see if that helps. I'll share my values with you but at the moment I'm not near my machine.

akvisvik

hey and thank you for the reply. but whatever the similarity is on the grey color is not going away. So i blieve there is something i derp up, but dont understand xD

Sorry about the delay - sleep got in the way :-)

OK I have done something slightly different with my config but first off here is an image from my Chroma key config with the expected results, note that everything is that dark grey color.

Green Screen 1.JPG

That's what you need to be aiming for to get full transparency.

I actually use a custom color. This might work better for you dependant on how close to the default green your screen is, mine is way off especially with my lighting and so custom works better.

In the Key Color Type change the drop down to Custom. Press the Select Color button and then Pick Screen Color. You need to have your green screen visible at this point and the easiest way to achieve that is to uncheck the filter like this:

Green Screen 2.JPG

You get a free running cursor at this point, pick a color off your green screen. You'll then need to go and re-enable the filter and see what it's like, tune the three variables until you can see the dark gray from my first image.

Let me know if that helps.