private live streaming class

derekliu

Hi,

I'm new to streaming.
I’m having a project from customer, which requires below

1) users register our monthly service
2) for those paid customers, we provide them a login
3) after login, they can see our 24H live screen cast (which is from the laptop or desktop screen of investment instructor, say, A, he sells crypto trade signals showing charts from his screen)

my questions :
1) I have no idea how a webpage could embed to show that live from obs, is that output http from obs and I direct embed to my web page is fine?
2) my web server side, any special software requires?
3) as it is for paid-customers only, we can cater frontend login things and allow to show this webpage, but how I avoid customers view source and capture link and share to friends then even not logged in to our system and can watch?
4) any package I should join to use such services?

thanks
Derek

Lawrence_SoCal

This is NOT my area of expertise, so I'll post this while awaiting a better response. And actually, this forum is for OBS development, so more likely, you'll get a more appropriate response in one of the OS support forums. Though recognize your request really doesn't have anything to do with OBS, really. OBS composites sources and can record and/or livestream a video feed, using a variety of protocols. What you are asking about is distribution of a video over the Internet?

There are multiple real-time streaming protocols. I don't know about latest web servers (and I'm sure it depends on EXACTLY which web server software, OS, etc), but usable RTSP-type support wasn't native years ago. That could have changed, and I not be aware, BUT this is not a simple thing you are asking, there are LOTS of complications on receiving client end. So, you are re-inventing the wheel so to speak. There are numerous platforms that already do what you mention. If may be easier to link/embed such a service rather than trying to create your own. but depends on requirements. Getting something up and running probably easy... dealing with various clients, end-device bandwidth, etc... an end user support nightmare (unless all well-run corp IT managed end user compute devices)
And then adding DRM type security? This is not a small programming task