Primary GPU selection setting would be very convenient

Jellymouse

Going off windows here, since nVidia on Linux with multi-gpu multi-display is basically just completely nonfunctional afaik and therefore I cannot test performance there, but...

The primary GPU used by OBS is set when the application launches to whatever the Windows primary GPU is at the time, which happens to be the GPU your primary-selected display is connected to, meaning you can already do this by switching primary displays, opening OBS, and then switching back, but it sure would be convenient to have it in the settings somewhere, so you can force it to always use the most optimal GPU.

OBS Studio lags bad capturing from a 4k display(window capture, not display capture; I think display capture would lag just as bad) with desktop composition disabled on a 4x pcie card, so as fringe as it may be, there's clearly at least one use case for such an option; I suspect with GPU-specific encoders, there might be some more mainstream fringe use-cases for this as well.

To clarify: the display is attached to the 4x PCIE card, but when using the primary 8x-link GPU(much faster GPU as well), OBS Studio runs much better at capturing said 4k display from the 4x PCIE GPU. Not sure how it manages to be faster when OBS opens on the 8x GPU but gets the frame from the 4x GPU's display, but I also don't know anything about this stuff.

Basically, I think it would be nice.