Preview enabled causes odd performance drops

Trenaldi

Hello. I'm getting weird performance drops in OBS when the preview is enabled. I've attached a log file, but here is some of what makes this odd.

Right now, if I open OBS, it usually starts with this weird performance problem that makes moving my mouse on the PC struggle and hitch and OBS reports a frame rate drop in the stats corner to less than half of normal.

Sometimes if I open the settings menu, it stops having the issue, and sometimes going into and out of something like the properties on a source can cause it to return.

Not sure what's going on, but I do have my fair share of plugins, hoosits, and what have yous.

The mysterious nature of this one is pretty difficult for me to understand, so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• 2022-11-30 14-43-44.txt
    52.5 KB · Views: 21

Trenaldi

Update:
Turns out this is an AMD GPU driver problem that, counting the driver that released in the past day or so has been present for 4 versions.

Had to roll back my AMD GPU driver to 22.10.1 before the problem was solved.

So if this problem affects you, that's the solution. If I run into the issue again on THIS driver, I will update again.

Trenaldi

Second update, the old driver has VR problems but the initial problem on new driver was solved by using a registry hack to turn off "Multiplane overlay/MPO"