Question / Help Powerpoint Slideshow

axelgee

I was having somewhat of a similar issue, screen was just going white. I saw the solution in a video on YouTube. Basically, as long as the PPT slide show is in full screen mode, OBS does not seem to be picking it. Follow these steps, it worked for me
1. In MS Power Point, go to Setup SlideShow
2. COnfigure it to show the slideshow as a window (in MS Office 2016, the option reads as "Browsed by an individual")
3. Now start slideshow. The Slideshow is now in a smaller window which OBS seems to capture automatically.
4. You can now resize the PPT slide show in OBS to meet your needs.
Hope this helps
thank you for this info.. it helps me a lot. iv bin trying ti figure out a lot times and finally came back to my senses. thaaank you.

tmadel

I THINK I've done all recommended here but no options show up in OBS "display capture." Any ideas what I Might be doing wrong?

You should use Window Capture as a source instead of display capture. Here's what mine looks like:

2020-05-05_15-16-12.png

Randomish_host

I've conduct training on location in 40 cities a year using PowerPoint. With the Corona Virus scare I am using Facebook Live Groups for my presentations so that participants can avoid public gatherings and be trained form the comfott of their homes or offices. I hoped OBS would make this easy, BUT you cannot advance the various slides in PP unless PowerPoint is displayed full screen. Although the slides will easily display within the OBS program, you cannot advance the slides with the computer keyboard or even with a remote control, unless the PowerPoint host computer is displaying full screen. As soon as you shrink the Powerpoint display, you no longer have the ability to advance the slides. And when you shrink the OBS screen, you loose the ability to use any of the controls in OBS. I've been to several PowerPoint User Group meetings and everyone shares the same issue with OBS, whether they are using laptops or desktops . I realize there is a lot of misinformation on some of the Youtube How-To videos regarding the use of Powerpoint with OBS . I do know of several workarounds using more than one computer. But does anyone have a solution involving the use of just one computer? Thank you in advance for you help.

In settings go to Slide Show>Setup Slideshow, click "Browse by an indvidual (window)." Start your slide show and you can advance the slides to be shown in OBS.

JKK

I was having somewhat of a similar issue, screen was just going white. I saw the solution in a video on YouTube. Basically, as long as the PPT slide show is in full screen mode, OBS does not seem to be picking it. Follow these steps, it worked for me
1. In MS Power Point, go to Setup SlideShow
2. COnfigure it to show the slideshow as a window (in MS Office 2016, the option reads as "Browsed by an individual")
3. Now start slideshow. The Slideshow is now in a smaller window which OBS seems to capture automatically.
4. You can now resize the PPT slide show in OBS to meet your needs.
Hope this helps
Heartfelt thanks for the post. Your succinct reply solved the trouble I faced for weeks. Even after several so called expert You tube tutorials on this matter, the issue continued until I ran into your post :-)

JR R

In settings go to Slide Show>Setup Slideshow, click "Browse by an indvidual (window)." Start your slide show and you can advance the slides to be shown in OBS.

I am having similar issues.... I have the screen OR window capture in OBS set to grab the Power Point Slide Show that is displayed on a second screen. I have OBS and the Power Point Presenter windows open on the first screen. WHEN PLAYING ANY MEDIA, if I click on the OBS window (or ANY window, or even "show task bar on the presenter pane) the media pauses and stops playing. If I click back on the presenter view, the media continues. I can still do a screen transition, but the media is paused while I do it. If I am not playing any media, or it is a "still" slide, I have no issues. I can advance in presenter just fine, and I can transition in OBS just fine. Just not while playing media. The problem appears to be within Power Point. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm new to OBS and have been playing with different options to get Powerpoint displayed in OBS Window and also update in OBS on several monitors. The best way I have seen so far is to have the Presentation on another device and use the Powerpoint NDI interface to import into OBS. You can then control the presentation on the second device and it updates on the OBS Scene.

virutalHC

I think I found a solution, at least it worked for me. I started my PowerPoint presentation in full screen, then in OBS I added a Window Source and selected the PowerPoint presentation window. Also make sure that Capture Method is set to Windows Graphics Capture before pressing OK. Now I can see every slide in OBS as I go through them.

dn.niraj

You might be having dual graphics one is integrated and other one is dedicated. You need to add OBS in Graphics setting in window setting. And in OBS in Capture method you need to select window graphics.

I think I found a solution, at least it worked for me. I started my PowerPoint presentation in full screen, then in OBS I added a Window Source and selected the PowerPoint presentation window. Also make sure that Capture Method is set to Windows Graphics Capture before pressing OK. Now I can see every slide in OBS as I go through them.

MichaelLoBue

thank you for this info.. it helps me a lot. iv bin trying ti figure out a lot times and finally came back to my senses. thaaank you.
AxelGee -- You saved a MAJOR project for us! I can't count the hours I've spent trying to solve this ugly problem! You're my HERO! Thank you so much for sharing what you discovered.