Possible to record interlaced without converting to progressive?

NWS

I would like to use a GV-USB2 analog video capture device in OBS to digitize Hi-8 video. However, I then want to take that video file into Davinci Resolve to deinterlace it there, but Resolve can't deinterlace it unless it's flagged as interlaced video...so is there a way to record in OBS without converting it to progressive video (keep it a true interlaced video)?

AaronD

Does your capture card give you that option? I think a lot of them don't. They (try to) de-interlace *in the card* (with varying quality of algorithms), with no ability to turn that off. It makes things easier on the USB side if it only supports one thing there.

Markosjal

This is precisely why I have worked so hard with the Dazzle DVC100! Most newer cards, and some older with their built in processing and encoding think they know it all and often times result in GARBAGE OUT. I have purchased several other card in the last couple years and none have captured as this one. Some of those cards were for Windows or Mac, but I am very happy to run it on Linux, my preferred OS

The Dazzle DVC 100 is one of the few cards that PROPERLY passes interlaced video. I think i paid like $18 USD on ebay for it and it was clearly brand new out of box, no software, original cap and seal on USB connector I capture at 720x480, YUYV 4:22 . The resulting files are somewhat large but well worth it. If you have a good quality source like a Laserdisc or Betacam SP they can be nearly indistinguishable when mixed on a timeline with DV sources. I recommend you get a Version 1.1 as that is what mine is and read the thread here
that thread explains the "single click fix" each time you load OBS.