Pop-Up Windows

Not David O

Hi all,
v28.1.2 Win10
Definitely a noobie and just leapt right in - yep before looking. My first recording was an attempt to demonstrate an issue I was having with another FOSS package and immediately noticed that the pop-up windows associated with most of the functions don't appear to record. Have I missed something or is it just something OBS isn't intended for?

AaronD

How are you capturing it? I would expect a Window Capture to not include pop-ups, because they're technically different windows, but a Screen Capture should.

Not David O

I tried the window capture because selecting the "Display Capture" source gave me a window in a window in a window ......... - way beyond the range of my glasses so I assumed that to be a wrong choice

Not David O

I just looked properly and discovered I can select which monitor to record. That definitely improves matters. Thanks for your interest - and the obvious inspiration to look properly.

Not David O

How are you capturing it? I would expect a Window Capture to not include pop-ups, because they're technically different windows, but a Screen Capture should.
Sorry, new to the forum so I didn't realise I should reply rather than just keep on posting. Now I've done both. Thanks again for your help