Plugin Manager for OBS

Plugin Manager for OBS 0.9.2.1

AshuraStrike

AshuraStrike submitted a new resource:

Plugin Manager OBS - manage add and remove your zip plugins for obs

Plugin Manager for OBS
This is a third-party OBS plugin manager for OBS

The objective is to be able to keep track of the Plugins that you have installed and to be easy as possible to add or remove them

Installation
Currently we only provide a zip/portable application so... Unpack the zip contents on a folder of your liking, optionally create a shortcut on your desktop

The app will require you to have .net core 7 runtime, Don't have it? No worries, the app...

Read more about this resource...

I'm checking this out so I can make sure that the appropriate plugins I need to test prerelease and newly-released distributions of OBS Studio on my assets here. It is not abundantly clear where I should point both items (OBS directory and OBS Plugins directory). How should these be set? Are they to be pointed to where a given OBS Studio is installed?

Also, does a fresh install of your tool enumerate the plugins already installed, verifying which are core OBS Studio plugins bundled with OBS Studio itself versus a third-party plugin?

This latter point would be helpful when I go from one release to another (I test in a "portable" setup to make sure I don't foul my production installation). Nothing is more annoying than to find that I forgot a plugin or two when I unpack a new distribution.

Thanks!

--Katt. =^.^=

AshuraStrike

I'm checking this out so I can make sure that the appropriate plugins I need to test prerelease and newly-released distributions of OBS Studio on my assets here. It is not abundantly clear where I should point both items (OBS directory and OBS Plugins directory). How should these be set? Are they to be pointed to where a given OBS Studio is installed?

Also, does a fresh install of your tool enumerate the plugins already installed, verifying which are core OBS Studio plugins bundled with OBS Studio itself versus a third-party plugin?

This latter point would be helpful when I go from one release to another (I test in a "portable" setup to make sure I don't foul my production installation). Nothing is more annoying than to find that I forgot a plugin or two when I unpack a new distribution.

Thanks!

--Katt. =^.^=
Hi

You can use the buttons below for the paths,
Obs path should point to the OBS folder you want to manage either portable or installed should work, app can keep track of different OBS locations

Plugins path should point to a folder where you store your plugins in zip format (a screenshot on the description shows an example on how a Plugins path should look like)
https://obsproject.com/forum/attachments/pluginsfolder-png.100514/

Currently the app can't enumerate already installed plugins nor default ones,
If you want to update a plugin or keep track of it you can place it in your plugins folder (can drag & drop to the window) and click remove and then add

Suggestions to improve are welcome!

Regards
-AshuraStrike

KUCTech

Hello AshuraStrike: Your Plugins Manager for OBS looks useful - I am interested in using it.

I have installed your code and specified the OBS and Plugins Paths. Note that I am pointing the Plugins Path to the folder where the OBS Plugins are installed (C:\Program Files\obs-studio\data\obs-plugins). I do not have any of the original plugin distribution/zip files, and I would not know the version numbers to recreate those files. Is your module going to find installed plugins and auto-populate the Plugins Manager? It is not showing any of the 3 currently installed plugins. I was hoping that it would be found in the folder where it is installed i.e. If a plugin is found to be installed the app will show it's status as Installed and the date when you installed it.

Am I interpreting this correctly?

Cheers,
Tony N.

AshuraStrike

Hello AshuraStrike: Your Plugins Manager for OBS looks useful - I am interested in using it.

I have installed your code and specified the OBS and Plugins Paths. Note that I am pointing the Plugins Path to the folder where the OBS Plugins are installed (C:\Program Files\obs-studio\data\obs-plugins). I do not have any of the original plugin distribution/zip files, and I would not know the version numbers to recreate those files. Is your module going to find installed plugins and auto-populate the Plugins Manager? It is not showing any of the 3 currently installed plugins. I was hoping that it would be found in the folder where it is installed i.e. If a plugin is found to be installed the app will show it's status as Installed and the date when you installed it.

Am I interpreting this correctly?

Cheers,
Tony N.
Hi

Currently it can't detect the already installed plugins, but after setup you can manage them easily

Plugins path should point to a folder where you store your plugins in zip format (a screenshot on the description shows an example on how a Plugins path should look like)
https://obsproject.com/forum/attachments/pluginsfolder-png.100514/

You can add the same or a newer version of your plugins, then to replace it you can remove it first, and then add it again, all plugins installed through the manager will be tracked, It reads the plugins from your plugins folder and it can add or remove using the data from the zips

Add and remove happen only on the OBS path
Zips in your plugins path will remain intact

Feedback and suggestions to improve are welcome!

Regards
-AshuraStrike