Please help.. where is the audio output going in OBS?

Playing with OBS and trying to get my sound going to zoom from OBS.. I have a question If its on Monitor loopback and my airpod gets the sound but it I put it on Monitor off (I get nothing in loopback or the airpod's) so if I put in on Monitor and Ouput I get everything. so it looks like the output Is going NO WHERE!!
Can someone please help me understand on where output goes!

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 8.26.55 PM.png

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
"Output" means your recording/livestream (when you click Start Streaming or Start Recording).

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
OBS currently doesn't have a virtual output device that can be used for such a situation.

1. Install VB-Audio CABLE. (A reboot is not required)
2. In OBS Studio, go to Settings > Audio and select "CABLE Input" as your Monitoring Device
3. Go to Edit > Advanced Audio Properties and enable Audio Monitoring for the audio sources you'd like to stream to Zoom (including your microphone).
4. In Zoom, in Voice & Video settings, select "CABLE Output" instead of your microphone under "Input device".

Now anything you monitor in OBS Studio will be streamed to Zoom.

now my mac is crash

Did some more debug the follow tracks work or crash

Track 1 - Works
Track 3 - Works
Track 5 - Works

Track 2- Crash
Track 4 - Crash
Track 6- Crash

Nezteb

OBS currently doesn't have a virtual output device that can be used for such a situation.

1. Install VB-Audio CABLE. (A reboot is not required)
2. In OBS Studio, go to Settings > Audio and select "CABLE Input" as your Monitoring Device
3. Go to Edit > Advanced Audio Properties and enable Audio Monitoring for the audio sources you'd like to stream to Zoom (including your microphone).
4. In Zoom, in Voice & Video settings, select "CABLE Output" instead of your microphone under "Input device".

Now anything you monitor in OBS Studio will be streamed to Zoom.
The only thing that I can't figure out with this method is how to prevent the Zoom folks from hearing themselves while still allowing me to hear desktop audio.

OBS has desktop audio and my headset microphone in the audio mixer. They monitor/output to `CABLE Input`. In Zoom I set my microphone to `CABLE Output` and my speaker to just my headset. Windows output device is set to just my headset. But that then gets piped into `CABLE Input` (because desktop audio) and makes folks hear themselves.

I thought the solution would just be to set my Windows sound output to the `CABLE Input`, but now I can't hear any desktop audio in my headphones.

Any ideas?

Do not route desktop audio into OBS (in properties set desktop audio to disabled), that should prevent your Zoom folks from hearing themselves. The only audio input that OBS need to process is your mic.