Please consider adding a MASTER audio out with Quasi-Peak meters with peak hold

hey gang,
coming from the audio world, and doing more musical broadcasts with OBS, its relatively difficult to monitor your actual master peak audio to broadcast. IE you may have multiple channels running at an acceptable level per channel, but your actual audio out to broadcast might be overdriven and distorted (aka in the RED) because there is no meter showing the peak sum of all your audio channels together. I notice many broadcasters sound great when their main source is nice and clean at unity, but as soon as they ad another source, you instantly hear the crunch. this would also allow for a "master out" attenuated gain, and even one day filters and VSTs added to the entire audio source out...

thank you for your time and amazing software
(ps, Im aware many achieve this pre obs, but for an all-in-one solution)

Last edited:

Andre Caleffi

Isso seria muito útil, também tenho esse problema. Não consigo monitorar o resultado final do áudio. Tenho usado o Reaper para mixar o áudio e transfiro para o OBS, mas poder ter tudo na tela do OBS ajudaria muito.

----------
That would be very useful, I also have this problem. I cannot monitor the final audio result. I've been using the Reaper to mix the audio and transfer it to OBS, but being able to have everything on the OBS screen would help a lot.

Johan Blome

I'll add to this.
A master audio meter would be very good indeed. If this meter could be overlayed on the multiview screen (or window) that would simplify things tremendously for me.
At the moment I am using the multi window and adjust the size so the meters show and make it always on top (but loosing out on size and it is tedious).