Please add this volume slider to incoming capture sources!

Lodey

To preface this request, let me explain the problem I have. I am using a Micomsoft PCI-E card to capture my games, AmarecTV is the software that I use. When using Studio, the volume slider does *not* adjust the incoming volume at all, and the volume comes through under 'desktop audio'. If I set it to its own channel under AmarecTV, then I can't hear it at all. To work around this, I just turn down OBS in the Windows Mixer when using the output to desktop audio feature, but then it turns down all of my alerts and SFX globally which is a problem.

I never had this issue in CLASSIC, because when using a capture source, I could adjust this slider on the properties window and not have to worry about any of this. This is what it looks like:
6e61cce906c4d9be17ac8c8cea3ba6c0

To Jim, can you PLEASE add this back into Studio? Not having it has created a lot of other issues for me in terms of audio balance which I had to a T in Classic.

Another thing I'd like to see is output to desktop audio for video sources, which we're on the topic of audio.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 6e61cce906c4d9be17ac8c8cea3ba6c0.png
    6e61cce906c4d9be17ac8c8cea3ba6c0.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 102
Can't you just capture your Micom directly in OBS without Amarec? That way certainly it should have its own volume channel + remove the extra stress to hardware with Amarec + OBS as well.

Video sources do output to desktop, change it in properties Audio Output Mode

--------
going to test using amarec will post back in a bit to see what options show up with OBS

Yeah it does have it too under custom audio(look at mixer box for volume) - this was with: StarTech USB3HDCAP
amarectv_obs_studio.png

Last edited:

Lodey

https://gyazo.com/7a8e20fcc90f24f110927ed1bfd9c45e

This is the media source properties window for videos, there is no option for audio settings, nor for the VLC Video Source. Screenshot shows it, unless there's another place to do that. I believe you mistook what I was saying for video capture, but I'm talking about video files.

Next point is that I don't have that option for Amarec Audio Capture, just WaveOut and DirectSound.

Last edited:

Lodey

Okay, so the reason I use Amarec is because I have one monitor and I play from the Amarec window because it doesn't have overlays and other things on it.

Just for curiosity's sake, I tried capturing using OBS, using the volume slider does NOT actually adjust the volume I'm hearing.

Can you show me your amarec audio settings since you're using Amarec Audio Capture? You can hear that and adjust it from OBS? I need to figure out how to do that.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
The volume sliders in OBS wouldn't affect the audio that you hear on your system pre-encode, but it would affect the audio that is output to file/stream. If you want to affect the audio that you hear, you need to adjust the audio levels on your system, not in OBS.

Lodey

The volume sliders in OBS wouldn't affect the audio that you hear on your system pre-encode, but it would affect the audio that is output to file/stream. If you want to affect the audio that you hear, you need to adjust the audio levels on your system, not in OBS.

Right, that's why I wanted to know if there was an option to do this like in Classic without adjusting my volume through the Windows mixer, since that always resets and is a hassle, IMO. It also adjusts all of my alert volume too and other things I don't want affected.

Xsplit allows me to do what I'm trying to accomplish, so does Classic.

Lodey

Right, that is such a crucial feature for me, to me a high priority to be added because I know others have the same problem as I do.

Maybe by the grace of all that is heavenly, Jim will read this and add this feature, I really do need this. It's extremely important if I'm to leave Classic behind in the dust.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Jim knows it's something people want. However, there are also at least two dozen other things that people also want that those people consider high priority. It'll get added when Jim has time, or when someone else writes the code and makes a valid pull request.

https://gyazo.com/7a8e20fcc90f24f110927ed1bfd9c45e

This is the media source properties window for videos, there is no option for audio settings, nor for the VLC Video Source. Screenshot shows it, unless there's another place to do that. I believe you mistook what I was saying for video capture, but I'm talking about video files.

Next point is that I don't have that option for Amarec Audio Capture, just WaveOut and DirectSound.
1. Yeah I assumed wrongly, all the capture/amarec stuff confused me, you actually meant Media Source. Yes source added gets audio volume in mixer but sadly you can't hear it until only after recording or viewers watching your stream.

2. Its in my screenshot, Enable - Use Custom Audio Device... then choose Amarec Audio Capture just saw you found it
You can hear it from the Amarec software, but of course that will go through desktop audio
However workaround, disable my suggestion and set audio to 'capture audio only' so its blank, then in Amarec in the Graph 3/Live tab enable mixer and hit Ok. Afterwards open that tab again and you can control the capture audio you hear which affects what's sent to desktop audio. This way this audio stays like that in Amarec every time you open it
Untitled.png

sorry if this doesn't help

Last edited:
Nope. I usually don't use that method because for whatever reason, Amarec's has clicky sound.
That shouldn't happen, lucky on mine its good - okay how about waveout/directsound, also test that with custom audio thing in OBS can you hear it?

If you can't with this either forget about Amarec or stick to OBS Classic, since it works over there for you