Play and Stream at 1440p crazy low frames

keegsgod

hi

hoping the info i drop is a good start. lately when i stream to twitch my frames in valorant keep dropping below 165 stutters and peaks at 280. the quality of the stream doesn't look the greatest either when i stream but when in obs it looks fine. so hoping to fix these two things
specs:

i have three monitors main one being the middle one at 1440 but i put obs on the other that is 1080. don't know if this makes it bad since I just got new 1440 monitor new to all these settings
evga 3080 12gb
ryzen 7 5800x
32gb ram 3200mhz

my base canvas is 1440
my output is 1080
downscale is lanczos
fps 60

encoder Nvidia Nvenc H.264
i rescale to 720
rate control cbr
bitrate 6000
preset quality
profile high
max b frames 2

when checking my gpu and cpu utilization its not being used 100% either so it makes me even more confused as to the frame drops.

PaiSand

The use of output rescale is not recommended. You're already doing it on the output resolution at 1080p so you're forcing to scale twice.
For streaming and don't having issues it's adviced to lock the game at no more than 120fps.

Please restart OBS and perform a test stream/recording for more than 30 seconds doing as you normally do, including playing games, full camera or whatever you normally do.
Now look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.

keegsgod

The use of output rescale is not recommended. You're already doing it on the output resolution at 1080p so you're forcing to scale twice.
For streaming and don't having issues it's adviced to lock the game at no more than 120fps.

Please restart OBS and perform a test stream/recording for more than 30 seconds doing as you normally do, including playing games, full camera or whatever you normally do.
Now look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.
will do this once i get off work! in the mean time what kind of settings would you recommend for me with my specs? i do stream fps but i do a lot of rpg games and want it to look good while games are peforming

PaiSand

Be simple.
Run the Auto-configuration Wizard (tools menu) and apply the settings it gives. Restart OBS.
Now test.