Pixelation won't go away

cyberninjaTF2

No matter what settings i change, the image is still pixelated and it only goes back to normal if i Alt+Tab.
My GPU usage doesn't go beyond 40% on MSI Afterburner but i'm still getting 1.9% Rendering Lag with NVENC and 1.9% Encoder Overload on x264, even when my CPU usage is smaller than 55% on MSI Afterburner. Limiting my FPS to 120 is inviable because Team Fortress 2 always stutters.

I5 9600KF @4.7GHz
GTX 970 Mini 3.5Gb VRAM
16gb RAM @3500 MHz

Here's a log of two recordings: one saved as mp4 and the other as flv.

Thanks in advance.

*I thought i fixed this issue on my last thread but only after comparing screenshots side-by-side i realized that it still persists. I reported my profile and the thread asking mods not to make it public and unfortunately i don't have permission to delete it.

Attachments

• pixelation.png
    pixelation.png
    396.4 KB · Views: 44
  • desespero.png
    desespero.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 44

Harold

If you're recording, you should not be using your streaming encoder settings at all, and you should not be using CBR as your rate control while recording.

cyberninjaTF2

Attachments

• teste.png
    teste.png
    302.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

cyberninjaTF2

Pardon my ignorance but is there a way not to use my stream enconder settings while recording?

I tried changing the streaming enconder to VBR max 5.000 Kbp/s (1.000Kbp/s less than before) but the image still gets heavily pixelated except when i Alt+Tab. I also saved in the .flv format.
Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/ubnQpBOfsnPLAq5K

Attachments

• strea.png
    strea.png
    2 KB · Views: 25
  • VBR.png
    VBR.png
    289.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Harold

Lower bitrate is going to make pixelation worse, not better, and streaming services do NOT like VBR feeds for streaming.

Set your recording encoder to use CQP or CRF rate control with a CQP/CRF level between 14 and 22
Save to MKV.

cyberninjaTF2

There's nothing you're really going to be able to do to solve the pixelation on stream due to limited bitrate
Even if i'm using the same Rate Control and CQ Level as my recordings? (CQP - 20)
Thanks for your time, Harold.
I think i'll try migrating to Youtube.