Pixelated stream at 8000 kbps

KreativeKyle

Not sure what to do anymore about this issue since it has been happening forever.

I stream a variety of games but the one I stream the most is Roblox. Every time I play Roblox I get pixelation in my webcam (Logitech c922) and a bit in my scene.

Link to stream:https://twitch.tv/kreativekyle/

I have tried playing around with the settings for a long time but nothing seems to work.

These are my current settings:

Encoder: NVENC new (I have an rtx card)

Bitrate: 8000 kbps

Keyframe: 2

Preset: Max Quality

Profile: high

Look ahead: Off

Psycho Visual Tuning: On

B frames: 0 (was 2 but turned it to 0 to see if it made a difference)

Canvas resolution: 1920x1080

Scaled Resolution: 1536x864 (was 720p but made no difference)

Downscale Filter: Lanczos

FPS: 60

Color format: NV12

Color space: 601 partial

I’m just wondering what the issue could possibly be. In my streams I use a green screen and have really good lighting (3 key lights points at my face and at my green screen background). I also am using the highest possible bitrate and yet some people on Roblox who use a lower bitrate than me on the same games have better quality. I use restream for sending over my streams and based on what I have read it shouldn’t affect quality at all. Also, before you mention that the bitrate is too high, I get transcoding 99% of the time so it doesn’t bother me.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be amazing.

Thanks in advance!

qhobbes

1. If available via Windows Update, update to Windows 10 20H2 (2009) per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
2. The new Windows 10 Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling ("HAGS") added with version 2004 is currently known to cause performance and capture issues with OBS, games and overlay tools. It's a new and experimental feature and we recommend disabling it via this screen or these instructions.
3. At least one of your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the rest. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
Speakers (Logitech G633 Gaming Headset): 44100 Hz
Microphone (3- RODE NT-USB): 48000 Hz
4. Run OBS as admin
5. Your log contains no recording or streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS as admin.
2) Start your stream/recording for about 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream/recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link via this troubleshooting tool or whichever support chat you are using.

Please be aware that if you're watching a 1536x864 video at a higher resolution, it will appear pixelated.