Pixelated Recording

Cwossaint

Hello!

I've been recording simple games like minecraft and the preview shown on obs seems fine but when I view the recording it looks pixelated i've done multiple youtube videos but they don't help me. I'm just trying to get smooth quality. my recorded fps is perfectly fine.

Specs: i7 7700k Proccessor
1060 3gb SSC GPU
Asus Maximus iX Hero motherboard
16 GB RAM

qhobbes

0. Using Windows Update, update to 1909 or 2004 (if available) per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
1. Update your GeForce drivers.
2. Set your monitor refresh rate to 120 Hz, OBS FPS to 60 (looks you're using 59.94) and cap game FPS at 120 FPS.
3. Run OBS as Admin.
4. At least one of your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the rest. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 44100 Hz
Microphone (2- USB PnP Audio Device): 48000 Hz

To fix this go to OBS Settings --> Audio --> General --> Set Sample Rate to 48 kHz
5. Record to FLV or MKV. If you record to MP4 or MOV and the recording is interrupted, the file will be corrupted and unrecoverable.

If you require MP4 files for some other purpose like editing, remux them afterwards by selecting File > Remux Recordings in the main OBS Studio window or enable Auto remux in the Advanced settings.