Per Scene per App sound muting/vol control & pos. solution

bitslizer

I'm not sure if this feature is already available or not, but after a quick search through the forum and FAQ it doesn't seem to be.

Note I'm not asking to Split the audio to different output (ie i saw threads asking TS/mumble/vent not be output to stream using VAC, and this is not that.)

When streaming to Twitch for competitive match (playing Mechwarrior online for reference), we include TS in our stream, but In between matches we have match organization/strategy going on in Team speak that we do not want to broadcast.

I would like to be able to Mute Teamspeak and teamspeak only when I change scene (from game capture to a status report screen when not in a match for example) without muting everything, for example leave the background music from a music player app.

Is there anyway to do this currently?

if not, I bumped across this freeware app, seem like it would do the trick of what I need and it may be a simple change to OBS to get it working ie when change to scene A, OBS execute command line command 1, change to scene B execute command line command 2) or a batch file if needed to execute multiple commands, just need to add a property to the scene or maybe a new type of source that allow for executing command line commands when changing scene? Some of the more fancy switching may need to use in conjunction with VAC.

http://nircmd.nirsoft.net/changeappvolume.html
http://nircmd.nirsoft.net/mutesubunitvolume.html
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Re: Per Scene per App sound muting/vol control & pos. soluti

So, essentially, you want a way to run an executable on scene switch, so to speak? At least to use your workaround...

When you say you want to mute Teamspeak, you mean you want to completely mute it, even to prevent yourself from hearing it? Because that is what your workaround would do, and what you seem to be asking for.

bitslizer

dodgepong said:
So, essentially, you want a way to run an executable on scene switch, so to speak? At least to use your workaround...

When you say you want to mute Teamspeak, you mean you want to completely mute it, even to prevent yourself from hearing it? Because that is what your workaround would do, and what you seem to be asking for.

Essentially yes,

I guess a diagram would explain it more clearly, when I said mute TS, I actually meant mute VAC2 using the mutesubunitvolume function to mute a Virtural cable

- edit
Looking at the diagram again, actually I can take out VAC4... just pipe Music directly to VAC1

Attachments

• VACdiagram.png
    6 KB · Views: 53

bitslizer

Ok so i bumped into the DIrectShow Audio plugin, and it can do this(output music to stream while all other game/mic sounds are muted) in conjunction with VAC. BUT the music stream is stuttering when its set to output to stream only... i will make a post there on this...