Pause/ Unpause button should have similar offset with Audio Sync Offset by default

dunglailaptrinh

Hello,

I use OBS as a recording tool and there is a problem with the Pause/ Unpause feature.

When I set an Audio Sync Offset, that means audio and video is coming late. If I press the Pause button right after I finish talking, the audio is likely to be cut off. OBS will pause the audio and video stream when it is not finished yet because there is an offset that I set. In my case, the offset is 500ms, which is half a second, every time I press pause, the audio is cut off by 500ms compared to what I expected.

My recommendation is to make the pause/unpause or even the recording button synchronize with the offset by default. For example, if the offset is 1 second, when the user press pause, it's will pause 1 second after pressing pause. The interface can stay the same, which means it shows the pause icon exactly when someone presses pause. However, the offset will be added in the backend behind the scene. This should be apply to Record, Pause, Unpase, and Stop Record button.

I hope someone can have a look at this issue.

Many thanks to the OBS community,
Dung.

1636379508169.png

Last edited: