Pause button and split screen

Kane

I think a better way to put this down is this is not a job as far as I know it's 100% free non-profit. Correct me if I am wrong.

So just take something silly like Minecraft and take like a massive 8 bit PC someone built into Minecraft but did it 100% by hand and spent months on it.

Now you know there is a few people out there who have built these PC's and love it and spent many months doing it and would even do it again. But most of us would not want to do it nor do we find any fun in it at all.

That is sort of the pause feature. As much as it be a useful feature right now the devs have other things they might want to work on or even has some sort of priority like say a crash. Some day one the devs going say damn I really want that feature or have some spare time and say hey it be fun to see how I can get that feature added in as a challenge.

But till that day I doubt us whining about it will make it happen faster and human behavior dictates the opposite reaction. For example you upset someone enough who was considering doing it they might just say screw this and not do it now.

Either way for now there is other solutions and I posted the most easy one via a tool rather another recording software. Though I find it annoying enough that I still don't do cuts myself lol.

boardtc

I just installed this today, having read about it on https://alternativeto.net/software/open-broadcaster-software/ as an alternative to Camtasia. I sat down to make a live demo recording that I need to piece together, I tested it and all looked ok, I'm about to start proper and I go where is the pause button? So I search in the guides, nothing mentioned. Then I come here and read this nonsense, what in the world is going on. I have to look for an alternative now. Incredibly bizarre.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
If your expectation of OBS as an alternative to Camtasia includes the requirement of a pause-recording feature, then it would be inaccurate to consider OBS an alternative to Camtasia. OBS is a lot of things to a lot of people, and only one of those things is a simple screen recorder.

If you want this feature, I recommend showing support here: https://ideas.obsproject.com/posts/11/allow-for-recordings-to-be-paused-and-resumed

You can also find Jim's latest update on that feature there as well.