Overwolf plugin for OBS Studio

CapoFantasma97

Hi,
Some time ago OBS dropped the developement of the original OBS (Classic) for OBS Studio (the multiplatform version, which is getting better and better while providing interesting new features).

For who doesn't know what Overwolf is, it is an useful and customizable overlay for games and full-screen programs, that allows a great number of functions depending on the apps released by the community and Overwolf team.
Screenshots editors and sharers on-the-fly, TeamSpeak control and overlay, SweetFX's shaders management, companions for LoL, Dota, Warface, Robocraft, WoW, CS GO and much more, browser, video player, music player, Socials management, Twitch management, and much other stuff. Most of them also have support for custom shortcuts and a slider for a fast management of opacity (so they don't clutter your view).

Problem is, while there is a plugin for OBS Classic that allows a game capture with Overwolf, there isn't one for OBS Studio.
Also that plugin isn't compatible with OBS Studio.

As a gaming overlay and a powerful tool even for streams and records, it would be nice to have a plugin to support Overwolf with OBS Studio.

As I don't know if I should contact OBS or Overwolf, I just created a topic in the support Overwolf forums, you can check it out here https://overwolf.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/9000008330

Osiris

That's up to the original author or someone else who feels inclined to make this plugin for OBS Studio.