Question / Help Overload OBS Encoder H264/265

coffeeking

Hey guys i hope u can help me. I got recently into Lp's. I recorded a couple of times and evertyhing was fine. But when i changed my encoder from x264 to H264/265 i get an overload in obs. Also i noticed that my uploaded Lp's look in some moments pixaleted on YT. I used different bitrates but the issue still remains.
I also have the suspicion that my PC Spec is not appropriat for recording LP's in an higher quality

https://obsproject.com/logs/rU6foG0Hywdxazkw

Thanks in advance for your help.

Narcogen

Log contains no output session. Be sure to start a recording session, observe your problem, and then stop recording before uploading a log.

Narcogen

There is no output session in this logfile. Check that the logfile contains lines that indicate recording is starting and stopping. This log shows the application starting, and then shutting down-- no output attempted.

Narcogen

I think that just means the application you are capturing is placing more load on your GPU than on your CPU.

Also, this last log as significantly fewer dropped frames, but still significant:

17:03:51.266: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 242/1831 (13.2%)

If you get better results from x264, by all means, use it. My understanding, though, is that unlike using NVENC on an Nvidia card, using the AMF encoder on an AMD card is not free. (However I don't use it so I am not speaking from personal experience.)