Output to a specific HDMI Port in addition to regular streams?

mikej915

Hello,

New here. I did a search and did not find the answer to my question.

We stream to facebook and YouTube. No Problem.

We have a 4 monitor splitter that we would like to broadcast to in-house monitors for different rooms and I would like to know if there is a way to have OBS Virtual Camera (or other option) output to a specific HDMI port on our streaming PC. I do not want to use Windows extend or project because I do not want viewers to see general tasks done on screen. I only want them to see what we output to the streams. I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Mike

AaronD

I do not want to use Windows extend or project because I do not want viewers to see general tasks done on screen. I only want them to see what we output to the streams.
In order to use a given port at all, you kinda have to have it enabled in the OS. That is, either extend or mirror. Given that, you can then put OBS's projector on one of the displays that the OS knows about.

If you really don't want user activity on that display, you can arrange them in an awkward configuration to get the pointer there, and give it a solid black background with no taskbar and no icons.

Also, the only way to get audio to it is to use OBS's audio Monitor. That's meant for headphones, but since it's the *only* physical audio from OBS, it gets abused to do this too. Just go without headphones and send the Monitor to the same HDMI plug...or to Voicemeeter to work around a longstanding bug in OBS, and then from Voicemeeter to that HDMI.

Both of those issues - physical/virtual copy of the stream including both picture and sound together, and the Monitor audio drifting out of sync - have been known and complained about for a long time, but so far nothing has been done.

khaver

You could set up OBS's recording so it outputs to a local RTSP server, such as nginx (there's also an RTSP server plugin available for OBS that does this without using the recording function). Set up VLC to play and cast the RTSP stream to a Chromecast or other device that's attached to the input of your HDMI splitter. There will be a 10 second or more delay in the broadcast.