Question / Help Output Resolution changed by twitch.

rela1337

Hi there!
So, I had to post this out here because I can't find the answer to my issue anywhere.
Basically, what happens is, whenever I untick the "Enforce streaming service encoder settings" when using "NVIDIA NVENC (new)", twitch changes the 1920x1080p output (scaled) resolution to 720p60, but after the stream ends, the VOD has 1920x1080p resolution.
I have confirmed I have the output scaled resolution set to 1920x1080 or even 1600x900 and on the stream page it doesn't go over 720p60

TryHD

your bitrate is to high, so twitch will hide source from viewers. Set your bitrate to 8000 and you should be fine.

FerretBomb

6000kbps is the maximum bitrate Twitch guarantees their ingests to work at without technical issues. If you exceed that, the back-end may disable or downgrade your stream. It's "here there be dragons" territory, and if something breaks, you're on your own until you turn down the bitrate.
8000kbps is known to work for *some users*, but is still not advised, especially for anyone who cannot guarantee transcodes to be available, and can severely handicap your potential for growth.
If the 'source' option is not showing, sometimes a refresh of the Twitch page and video player can get it to show up again.

But yeah, if you ignore the streaming service encoder limits, stuff may break.