OSC Support (Open Sound Control)

Kai22

I was just trying out the OBSRemote plugin/client and I'm very impressed, it works really well and is very responsive.

This got me thinking about having OSC support so we can control the program remotely from alternative devices and programing environments. I.E. control your sources and scenes from TouchOSC.

I know this program is used mostly by gamers who want to stream their gameplay, but I see potential to use this for general screencasting, tutorial videos, and videocasts. I do alot of patching in VVVV and Puredata, I already have alot of code that translates and sends OSC mesages to control various aspects of the visual or audio patches using midi controllers and TouchOSC. Being able to control this without having it in focus and with a keyboard and mouse would be awesome.

I used TouchOSC with XSplit, but that also required a MIDI Translator app that would take the MIDI signals from TouchOSC (and TouchOSC Bridge) and convert them into Keystrokes, which you could then bind to hotkeys for switching scenes.

For some reason, those same keystrokes do not translate over to Open Broadcaster.

I also tested out both at the same time, having OBS and XSplit running at the same time (but not broadcasting or recording). When I use TouchOSC to switch between scene 1 and 2, XSplit switches scenes, but OBS does not. If I then manually do the same keystrokes, both switch scenes as they should.

It makes me wonder if Open Broadcaster is checking for physical keypresses, and ignoring non-physical keypresses (since the MIDI Translator app says it does emulated key presses).

The program is Bome's MIDI Translator Classic

EDIT: after doing a little more testing, it seems that OBS does work with it, but ONLY with single key "hotkeys". Any combo keys (ctrl + 1, or ctrl + alt + shift + 1, which is what I use to make damn sure it doesnt overlap with anything) does NOT work between OBS and Bome's.

I would love to see dedicated TouchOSC support, or even support for Bome's keystroke emulation.

Crimson13

I know this thread is pretty old, but has anyone figured this out? Some of the games I play use almost every key combo you can think of (flight sims), so a single key hotkey doesn't work for me. A multikey hotkey from biome's midi translator would be awesome or some other emulated key press.