Option to highlight mouse cursor and mouse clicks

lblb

For those who might be interested , I updated the free Cursor Highlighter program that I had shared in an earlier post (PC only!) There are many new features, and after receiving feedback from this community, I made it much easier to download and install. Here is a short demo video showcasing some of its features (also includes the link to the free download):

Questions and comments are more than welcome!

Excel Stuff

I downloaded PointerFocus because of gvp9000's reply and was initially disappointed that it didn't seem to work with OBS. The problem was that I was using multiple monitors: I had hoped to have OBS on one screen and Excel on the other while I recorded a training video. Once I displayed everything on a single monitor, OBS picked up the PointerFocus cursor no problem - but that does mean I have a few seconds of infinite OBS to delete from the front of each training video!

PointerFocus is a paid-for program ($12.50 USD). The trial has pop-ups asking you to buy and register, and is disabled after 10 minutes. The program has a potentially useful hotkey banner, but this only works properly if you have a US keyboard; with other keyboards, some symbols are displayed incorrectly.

Azrieling

on windows under pointer options you can make it to where you can hit ctrl and it will show where your mouse is if thats all you need
I do this. It's great because it's useful outside of OBS. When I Zoom sharescreen (although I'm going to start using OBS as my camera) and when I take video screen cast with SnagIt.

aquatic7

For Linux user this may be a solution.
Simply download this cursor theme: https://www.gnome-look.org/p/999801/
Extract the file.
Copy the 7 folders inside bDMZT to /usr/shared/icons
Now you can change to the cursor and color you want to, from where you configure your mouse pointer theme, depending on your desktop environment.

It's a good, easy and working solution until OBS might integrate it one day.

miguel_lopez

It seems that there is no option to highlight the clicks of the mouse yet. This is a must have option if you want to made a tutorial for teaching.

XQSME

I found a simple solution and the cursor highlighter is captured during recordings in OBS. PC only as this is a Windows add on. Works great. Happy New Year!

thewpguy

Thank you XQSME the Get Mouse pointer highlight you mentioned for Windows is perfect for screen recording tutorials. I am using Display capture on my 2nd monitor and it is just brilliant and I can now replace camtasia completely when used with Davinci Resolve for any edits.

asalan

Try this one,

Key'n'Stroke by Phaiax, Displays Keystrokes in an overlay window and visualize mouse clicks.
Requirements: Windows 10

it's free and safe (open source).

Use this settings ▼

g7678.png

g7866.png

g7809.png

g7729.png

g8167.png

g7907.png

bluestreakz

I found a free solution to this problem for windows, using microsofts "powertools"
open a cli window and paste the following to install
winget install Microsoft.PowerToys --source winget

then you press goto start and search powertools, then run it
pressing win+shift+h
makes the highlighter come on
double tap left ctrl bring on mouse location finder
once its run you can see powertools icon, right click and go to setting to change the options to your needs

hope this help someone

OleDre

What I would like to be able to do is capture the cursor at its current size, I did increase its size with the built-in Win11 mouse pointer settings, this is fine with me, but whatever I do it's always captured VERY tiny. I mainly use it in-game where a precise cursor is an option, I just can't get it captured at its larger size, I do have the cursor Highlighter app, but the Highlighter is not what I would like, capturing it at the larger size would be better.
---
Try this one,

Key'n'Stroke by Phaiax, Displays Keystrokes in an overlay window and visualize mouse clicks.
Requirements: Windows 10

it's free and safe (open source).

Use this settings ▼

View attachment 90685
View attachment 90686
View attachment 90687

View attachment 90688

View attachment 90689

View attachment 90690
How is this even used, or just getting to the settings?

Last edited: