Question / Help Option Key Is Not Working On Some Images To Crop

djvinceadams

I just ran into a problem where I'm attempting to crop an image using the Option Key (or Alt would be the PC equivalent) and it is shifting the placement of the image instead of turning into a green line (as it typically does) when cropping an image.

This is only happening with certain images and displays and not every item that I have in a scene.

Is there a setting that is on particular images or displays that changes what the functionality of the Option Key does? I'm asking because it seems that it's working for some objects and not for others, so it seems that maybe there's a setting I can change to have Option crop all items.

I have provided screen shots below to show what the original image was and how it got "cut/shifted" instead of turning to the green line and cropping the extra space.

I attempted to crop from the left border, never got the green line.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I do a lot of cropping.

Attachments

• Screen Shot Before Alt Key Crop.jpg
    Screen Shot Before Alt Key Crop.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Screen Shot After Alt Key Crop.jpg
    Screen Shot After Alt Key Crop.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 45

djvinceadams

I found the solution. Any object that you resize using Ctrl+F for some reason cannot be cropped. Ctrl+F is fit to screen. At the time of this thread entry you can't use Fit To Screen and then crop the object. There's something more about a "bound box" turned on, but I don't know those details. I'm just sticking with not using Ctrl+F for now.