Opening Properties on Webcam crashes OBS and makes OBS an unkillable process

Jaggerrrr

Hey all!

Logs: https://obsproject.com/logs/3ChnEDyysmOLOnso

Repro Steps:
  1. Open a fresh install of OBS.
  2. Select No on the Auto-Configuration Wizard.
  3. Click the + icon, then select Video Capture Device.
  4. On the Create/Select Source window, click OK.
  5. On the "Properties for 'Video Capture Device'" window, select a Webcam (in this case, I used a Logitech Brio) then click OK.
  6. Right-click the newly added Source and select Properties.

Expected: Webcam is functioning on the "Properties for 'Video Capture Device'" window and the main OBS window.
Actual: Webcam is frozen on both windows. After closing the Properties window, OBS will stop responding. Force closing OBS will result in an unkillable suspended process.

I've actually been running into this issue since June 27th, though the last time I had ran OBS without this issue was on June 21st. To be honest, it's been a long time since I ran into this type of issue with streaming software, so I'm curious what is possibly causing this issue.

One thing to note is that I'm on the Windows Insider Preview builds, so there could just be some issues there (Build 20152 was released in that window, on 2020-06-24). Another thing I noticed was that my webcam is using a driver that dated to 2020-07-17, so I can't really confirm whether an update happened during the June 21st-26th range.
I am having this exact same issue, I thought I was going mad I am so glad someone else is experiencing this LMAO I am using the standard Windows 10 release build, however.

BlueBladerBot

Hey all!

Logs: https://obsproject.com/logs/3ChnEDyysmOLOnso

Repro Steps:
  1. Open a fresh install of OBS.
  2. Select No on the Auto-Configuration Wizard.
  3. Click the + icon, then select Video Capture Device.
  4. On the Create/Select Source window, click OK.
  5. On the "Properties for 'Video Capture Device'" window, select a Webcam (in this case, I used a Logitech Brio) then click OK.
  6. Right-click the newly added Source and select Properties.

Expected: Webcam is functioning on the "Properties for 'Video Capture Device'" window and the main OBS window.
Actual: Webcam is frozen on both windows. After closing the Properties window, OBS will stop responding. Force closing OBS will result in an unkillable suspended process.

I've actually been running into this issue since June 27th, though the last time I had ran OBS without this issue was on June 21st. To be honest, it's been a long time since I ran into this type of issue with streaming software, so I'm curious what is possibly causing this issue.

One thing to note is that I'm on the Windows Insider Preview builds, so there could just be some issues there (Build 20152 was released in that window, on 2020-06-24). Another thing I noticed was that my webcam is using a driver that dated to 2020-07-17, so I can't really confirm whether an update happened during the June 21st-26th range.
In the source window, the entire program stops responding until I close the process.

Any way to fix it or am I gonna have to find a competing recorder?