Open Broadcaster Software wiki and subreddit

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
I don't really see a purpose for a OBS-specific subreddit...the forums are fine and a better format for the kinds of questions people have.

I do think a general streaming technology site/subreddit would be cool though. Somewhere that you can talk about streaming that doesn't involve OBS specifically.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
He doesn't mean Wikipedia, he means a user wiki with guides and such.

It might not be a bad idea, but I'm not sure exactly what would go in there. OP, what kinds of topics would you expect to see in such a wiki?

Kharay

There are numerous things people could list on such a Wiki; one thing I personally would love to see is plugin developers using such a wiki to document their own plugins.

All in all, there simply needs to be more documentation out for OBS and its related plugins. A wiki would be the ideal way of going about getting that documentation out there. SImply because of what a wiki is and how content on a wiki is created. We could all contribute in our own time, in our own pace and help the OBS team out that way.

I am all for an OBS wiki.

IamKillax

Kharay said:
There are numerous things people could list on such a Wiki; one thing I personally would love to see is plugin developers using such a wiki to document their own plugins.
All in all, there simply needs to be more documentation out for OBS and its related plugins.

no

Kharay

IamKillax said:
Kharay said:
All in all, there simply needs to be more documentation out for OBS and its related plugins.

no
... mind explaining that not-so-very eloquent point of view?

IamKillax

Kharay said:
... mind explaining that not-so-very eloquent point of view?

wikis are silly. And like Dajova said there is not enough data to really justify a wiki. The previously posted wiki is already 50% other things that aren't actually OBS related but can sort of be. Although I do agree with your idea of a central hub for plugin Devs I disagree with your wiki solution.