Question / Help [Solved*] Only 10-20 FPS after ~15-20mins of recording

c0nsecro

Hey guys,

as you can read in the headline,I've got a massive problem with OBS, after changing my video card to a better one. So my system is the following:

CPU: HexaCore Intel Xeon X5650, 3900 MHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage II Gene
RAM: Corsair Dominator 12 GB DDR3-1600
Grafik: 8GB KFA2 GeForce GTX 1080 EX OC

After changing the videocard, I switched the bottleneck from the GPU to the CPU, that's clear. But now, if I'm using OBS, after 10 or 20 minutes, my FPS dropped until 10 doesn't matter which game I play (got this problem by playing Watch Dogs 2, Fallout 4 and Mafa III). OBS told me, that it record with more FPS, never less 30, the most times above this value, but NVIDIA show me 10-20 FPS ingame and it runs like that. I've tested something by playing Watch Dogs 2: At first I started the game without OBS (80-90 FPS) then with OBS (no changes), then with local recording (normal drop from ~10 FPS -> 70/75 FPS). All 12 cores running on ~95%, still at the recording, but I've never got "losing frames" warnings from OBS (maybe because I use NVENC). But if I'm streaming, the workload from the CPU changes to 75% or smth. and every core got a different workload. The workload of the videocard never reached more than 50% and I've no idea, what the problem could be. Enough memory (2GB+) is also free available. Maybe you got an idea by checking the log files here? Watch Dogs 2 crashed multiple times too, but that can't be the problem of my old CPU, aren't it? Yes, it's the bottleneck, but such a technical knockout D: ? I've uploaded all my logfiles which are created, after I chenged the videocard, maybe some of you got an idea?

Best regards
c0nsecro

Attachments

• logs.rar
    50.8 KB · Views: 38

c0nsecro

Well, I checked the logs again by myself and found every time in the last line the message "number of memory leaks *value* ". Will be this the reason and is that a problem of the videocard- or systemmemory?

c0nsecro

Ok, it's definitely OBS, I've tried a local record today and the results making me confused and helpless. As you can see in the picture, that's the scene I'm using as verification. With recording after the time that is showing in the counter, I got 35 FPS ingame, OBS told me that he record with 59,94 FPS. Take a look at the GPU and CPU workload: with recording 26% CPU, 27% GPU ! Without recording 32% CPU, but 46% (!) GPU and 80 FPS at the same scene. What the hell is going on, can nobody help me :'( ?

Attachments

• with obs rec.jpg
    with obs rec.jpg
    589.9 KB · Views: 104
  • without obs rec.jpg
    without obs rec.jpg
    593.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 2017-03-22 22-10-05.txt
    25.7 KB · Views: 27

c0nsecro

Ok, here are all files from gpu-z, logs inclusive. What is curious: I've closed OBS after the first screenshot session, but don't close Fallout 4. So for the gpu-z screnshots, I've opened OBS again, but the game was still running. So I've recorded ~12 minutes but don't get any FPS-drops. Maybe the time-intervall was to short, but I've got not enough time to record 20 minutes again. I will check it tomorrow when I'm home again, but the log got 17 numbers of memory leaks again :-/ .

Attachments

• 2017-03-22 23-05-25.txt
    25.4 KB · Views: 12
  • gpuz overview.gif
    gpuz overview.gif
    22.8 KB · Views: 51
  • gpuz with obs.jpg
    gpuz with obs.jpg
    628.3 KB · Views: 52
  • gpuz without obs.jpg
    gpuz without obs.jpg
    638.4 KB · Views: 39
  • GPU-Z Sensor Log.txt
    26 KB · Views: 9

Harold

Have you tried using the simple output mode recording presets instead of a fixed bitrate?

c0nsecro

Have you tried using the simple output mode recording presets instead of a fixed bitrate?

Nope, I've not trying this until now ... I may give it a try, but I don't change naything in the configuration, why it wouldn't work anymore? I've think about to reinstall OBS, but I won't lose my scenes, etc. and when I save it, I think my settings will be saved in the same directory, so a reinstall will not change anything right?

c0nsecro

Ok, I tried it with first starting the game, then OBS doesn't work ... after 40mins 16 FPS, started with 70 ... I try a reinstall now and check if there are the same problems with XSplit ...

c0nsecro

Reinstalled OBS, doesn't work (what a suprise) ... Frames dropped from 64 to 42 after 17 minutes ...

Recording with XSplit (newest version 2.9.1701.1616) a 34 minutes onetake ... no issues, no problems ... so OBS got a problem and I have no idea what is the problem :/ .

c0nsecro

Guys, I'm the only one around here who has that kind of problem? I've installed the actual Windows Updates yesterday, now I give it a last try, save my current scenes and delete OBS with all settings I've made .. if that doesn't work, I don't know what else I can do :'( ...

c0nsecro

Reinstalled OBS, delete my settings, start with a blank scene with one game capture ... at first I think it works, but it doesn't. I set my old record-setting, but make a downscale from 1080p to 720p without recordnize it. Frame drops after 20mins ... Then I set the output to "simple" like Herold say ...

quality: high, mid-large data
codec: mp4
hardwarecodec: NVENC

Well, played 30mins again and no FPS drops, but vid-output got the same meta data as I set in the advanced tab. So how can that be possible? The bit rate can't be the problem, I recorded with 50000 before and got no problems, and now it doesn't work with 25000?

Last edited:

c0nsecro

Ok, I've reinstalled the drivers from NVIDIA with the help of windows, but that doesn't seem the same like DDU. I tried it on this way and it seem to be working. No frame drops in 2h of streaming and recording this evening. But it was 7 days to die, not a very strange game that needs great hardware. I will give it a try with another game like Watch Dogs 2, Fallout 4 or something like that.

One question also: What are these "number of frame memory leaks" at the end of the log? And why I've got such a "high" "Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls"? CPU and GPU never get on the limit of 100% (CPU was never more like 50% and GPU 70% max.).

Attachments

• 2017-03-26 20-09-40.txt
    40.5 KB · Views: 12

c0nsecro

Twitch updated broadcast requeriments
https://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/1253460

You can raise up to 6000 KBps

Oh ok, that's new, but still less as on YouTube ... mybe I will switch to multistreaming with restream.io if they split up the upload to different streaming sites, because when I stream with 9000 kbit/s (because of YouTube), Twitch will ban my channel in cause of to high upstream.

So, can you tell me, what the "number of frame memory leaks" still mean? Is that the system-memory or this from graphic card? I can't figure it out, because I'v never get a leak of memory, there is still enough available. The same applies to the message "Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls" :o ...

kzpl23

i have a similar issue whether i record or stream 10-20min into the gameplay obs starts to get choppy like it went form a smooth 60fps to like 20fps and eventually it will smooth itself out again.. i dont get it and i use 2 pcs, tried a bunch of stuff still have not found a fix.

c0nsecro

OK, so I think that was not the problem of lagging and will not produce bigger problems? I haven't any logs from the GTX 970, but I'm sure that I have the same issues with it.

EBrito

Yes, I think that info has no relation with lag. I think is related with "browser source" sources.

c0nsecro

Ok, I've tried to stream and record Watch Dogs 2 today and what should I say: the same problems. There are two options, a) the game runs without problems and crashed without errormessage or b) the GPU load drops from 97% to 50%, CPU load from 90% to 70% and I get 20 FPS. Are there any known problems with this game? Recording Battlefield 1 don't make any problems 2 days before and I get a lot more FPS after the manual deinstallation from the NVIDIA drivers with DDU.