Online support at OBS facility for a Facebook stream.

RoadRunner

Dear OBS Members,

I am somewhat computer afin, however this wonderful OBS program overwhelms me in its use.
The search for my problem within this forum turned out in the direction of engaged up to despair ;-)

What would I like to achieve?
Live video or live chat starting from Safari browser (13.1.2 under OSX 10.13.6; update to younger OSX not possible due to MacMini mid 2011)
respectively within my Facebook group. I would like to be seen small in the bottom right as a moderator (I already did that, even with greenscreen) and remaining content with a keynote presentation I want to give.

That's where my problem starts, because as soon as I start the presentation it jumps into fullscreen mode and I can't use OBS anymore.
OK I limit the window content so I manage to see not only the slide but only the entire Keynote presentation, grrrr.

I have lost patience and regret my inability, at the same time I lack the will to train to be an OBS expert in the form of a side study in addition to my duties.

I therefore request someone from this forum to possibly help me directly with the setup by means of desktop sharing or similar.
I have no objections against a contribution for the effort.

Please, please, in order not to strain your nice efforts in answering in the form of a text message and the time involved, I really request direct assistance which can possibly also be done by phone (Telegram, WhatsApp, Viber).

In this sense, is anyone willing to do this!!!? The need for this would have to be actually not only from me... I mean only in relation to a possible business opportunity ;-)

Kind regards from Austria/Vienna
Michael

Lawrence_SoCal

real-time video encoding is demanding computationally. a circa 2011 computer is unlikely to be up to the task, especially not with chroma-keying
And yes, if you have a full screen presentation then a 2nd monitor for other controls/software becomes really helpful

I don't use Keynote, so not sure of its caveats, but with PowerPoint for example, one's slideshow can be windowed, vs fullscreen.
As for paid direct support, there are others on this forum (maybe @cyclemat ??, who I think is in your time zone, or close?)
I do free help, but a focus on Windows not Mac, and for Houses of Worship.

RoadRunner

real-time video encoding is demanding computationally. a circa 2011 computer is unlikely to be up to the task, especially not with chroma-keying
And yes, if you have a full screen presentation then a 2nd monitor for other controls/software becomes really helpful

I don't use Keynote, so not sure of its caveats, but with PowerPoint for example, one's slideshow can be windowed, vs fullscreen.
As for paid direct support, there are others on this forum (maybe @cyclemat ??, who I think is in your time zone, or close?)
I do free help, but a focus on Windows not Mac, and for Houses of Worship.
I thank you very much for your answer, in terms of computer performance you are certainly right and confirms me in my plan to upgrade to a Mac Mini M1. Thanks for the mention of "cyclemat", Michael

Lawrence_SoCal

Realize that a Mac M1 is NOT an Intel chip, so beware... not all software will work with it (ignore marketing claims)
Read the M1 related threads here to make sure it will work for you