Question / Help One streaming to YouTube and Facebook in one time?

Sol82

Execuse me, I was wondering if I can make one streaming to two portals in one time? Example Facebook live and YouTube, today 12:00, click, one streaming at two services? :)
Maybe you have some suggestions how can I do that - two camers, two computers, two OBS Studio software - yes, but it`ll be not exactly what I need...

daveneeley

I did a broadcast to Facebook live and YouTube live simultaneously this past Friday night. We ran it through Restream, and it worked perfectly. I couldn't have imagined it being any smoother of a process and the quality was perfect on both platforms. But, yes, it was a paid Restream account.

JoostH

I was wondering the same and experimented succesfully with cascading two OBS instances using NDI:
  1. install the OBS NDI plugin: https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-ndi-newtek-ndi™-integration-into-obs-studio.528/
  2. Launch OBS twice, so that you have two instances of OBS, I call them OBS1 and OBS2
  3. Configure your scenes in OBS1
  4. Enable NDI main output in OBS1 (tools>NDI Output setttings)
  5. in OBS2, create a scene with NDI input, using the NDI output of OBS1 (default name: OBS - main output)
  6. Configure stream 1 in OBS1 for, let's say, Facebook
  7. Configure stream 2 in OBS2 for Youtube
  8. Start streaming with both OBS1 and OBS2
Beware this is a heavy load for both CPU and GPU. My pretty high-end system (AMD Ryzen 9 3900X & NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2600 Super) handles it decently (25-30% CPU load, 40-50% GPU load), but it may be too much for simpler systems. I guess this can be done with VirtualCam in stead of NDI as well, perhaps that reduces the load. The advantage of NDI is that it allows OBS2 to run on a different PC in the same (wired, gigabit) LAN. You could even distribute the tasks over three computers.

The good news is that this doesn't require any service account.

PolyStreamer

It's a bit of an old post, but I wanted to note that Restream isn't the only option. You can multistream free with OBS (though it takes more of your bandwidth and CPU) or look at other services. At polystreamer.com, we have a pay-as-you-go pricing model that can be much more affordable than restream. You could also look at dacast or streamyard or castr.