Question / Help One PC, two ethernet adapter and 2 internet connections

kRONOS973

Hi!

I have like the title said, one pc with 2 ethernet connections with both a different router and 4G Simcard, i want to stream on one and play on the other one.

So... I found the setting under "advanced" where i can choose the second adapter for streaming, but if i, for test purpose, select the second adapter and disable the first connection it will say that there is no internet and i cant start streaming, even if the selected adapter has connection, is OBS studio using the default adapter for the connection establishment and widgets, and streaming after the datastream through the right adapter?

Thank you guys in advance, i know there are many other topics with the same content but i did not find the answer to this. I have this trouble because if i stream with both connection on OBS will use only a few kb's from the datatraffic on the second router and with 720p 30fps should not be so little, if I am right. I tried even with ForceBindIp and other services but I cant get obs working with it since it will start with "cannot find locale" error.

Thank you!

kRONOS973

The bind IP option in advanced settings will only affect the stream data connection (RTMP). Panels, browser sources, Twitch account connection, etc will all use the default route.

Thank you for your fast answer!

I thought that streaming will increase my datatraffic by a lot of mb not just a few kb after some seconds, but it seems that I was wrong.
I will try it out for more time!

Thank you @R1CH

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Note that if you're using Mixer's FTL protocol, I am not sure if this includes support for the Bind IP option.

kRONOS973

I see, its not working with mixer infact, it still uses adapter A not B :/ any solutions or is it a "mixer" thing?
or using the non FTL it will work?
ty

kRONOS973

Just for reference, Mixer support:

Either way, Mixer FTL protocol may not be able to bind to a specific IP address as it does need to perform constant bitrate speedtests to connect to our ingest. This may be seen in your OBS logs, and you may see this failing.

Thank you for your help!

Narcogen

That... doesnt really make sense to me. Plenty of users only have one network interface, and presumably Mixer's streaming and speed tests perform properly under these circumstances.

If FTL is capable of running in OBS on a machine with only one NIC, wouldn't it be capable of behaving *as if* it's on a machine with only one NIC, if it's running on a machine that has more than one?

kRONOS973

Probably obs binds another NIC via some protocol settings and FTL does not support this, RTMP yes, i dunno man. I will try using forcebindip.

RTMP with mixer and another NIC works just fine, it's bad because the low delay mode from FTL is much much smoother and better for the audience in non FPS games.

Maybe if i get ForceBindIp running or using maybe netsh to redirect the traffic from the FTL port to another NIC could work, but the mixer support cant help me. Btw thumbs up for the Mixer support, they even tried to make it run on their machines.

@R1CH do you may know why when i try to run obs with forcebindip it won't run giving me the error "could not find locale"? Ty!

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Many applications expect to be started from their own folder. If you create a shortcut to ForceBindIP, the target program will start in ForceBindIP's folder instead. To fix this, edit the properties of the shortcut and set the "Start in" folder to the folder containing the program .exe you're trying to bind.

kRONOS973

I resolved with your help the FTL issue :)

Just to give thesolution:
1. Copy the ForceBindIp64.exe with the dll in the obs64 folder (where the obs64.exe is)
2. Open CMD as administrator, go to the "C:\{your_personal_path}\obs-studio\bin\64bit" path and type:
ForceBindIP -i {ip_adress} "C:\{your_personal_path}\obs-studio\bin\64bit\obs64.exe"

Now it should run just fine, without the -i parameter obs crashes after some minutes with an error.