On startup, create YouTube broadcast and stream

CedarTree72

Hello - I think I can figure out how to autorun OBS on Windows reboot. But then how to make OBS create my usual YouTube broadcast and start streaming right away? THANKS!

CedarTree72

I've since added my YouTube stream key in settings, but do I have go to YouTube to create the live container? or just hit Start Streaming. And how do I get OBS to start streaming automatically when it opens?

nothans

Search for OBS from the Start Menu, right-click on it, and hit Open file location. Right-click on OBS Studio in Explorer and select Send to... Desktop (create shortcut). Right-click on the OBS Studio shortcut on your desktop and select Properties. In the Target box, add " --startstreaming" after the last quote. Press Windows logo key + R, type shell:startup, then select OK. Copy the desktop shortcut into the startup folder.

YouTube is funny about broadcasts. You will need to get everything set up in advance, linking accounts, and broadcast setup.

Let me know if this works for you!

Emma Megan

The following tutorial will show you how to configure OBS to autorun on Windows reboot.

First, open the Settings window in OBS and go to the "Autostart" tab. Here you can specify when you want OBS to start and what program it should use. For this tutorial, we will set it up so that OBS starts automatically when Windows starts up and uses the executable file called "obs-studio".

Next, click on "Edit" next to the "Program" field and navigate to where obs-studio is installed on your computer. Once you have found the location for obs-studio, click "Open", then go back to the Autostart tab in Settings and click "OK".
OBS is free and open-source software that has been designed to help with video recording and streaming. OBS is a great option for those who are looking for an alternative to programs like XSplit or Wirecast.

OBS can be downloaded from the OBS website, which will take you to the Downloads page on GitHub. The installation process should be straightforward, but you may need to install some additional libraries before the installation process is complete.

HawkAndHansen

Now. it's been a couple of years, and I have the same issue. I'm new to OBS and want to use YT as the provider for my stream, but I can't seem to be able to automate it. Just like the users above - in my case, I get a dialog in which I'm asked to manage (start a new) my Broadcasts even though I'm using a key to an existing broadcast - has anyone managed to solve this - and if so, how?