OBS's camera menu bar carries settings over to other capture devices

Smiffleblurf

Been noticing an interesting bug while using OBS with any webcam on macOS.

Apparently, having multiple capture devices (webcams, virtual camera, Elgato game capture card, etc) in an OBS scene makes them all appear under the Camera menu bar settings at the top. When clicking the green Camera icon in the menu bar, I select the webcam device drop-down and enable Portrait and Studio Light. I actually want that on as it looks great and makes me pop more on my webcam feed. However, after enabling those camera features, those same features then auto enable for all the other Camera devices as well (virtual camera, Elgato game capture card, etc) when they shouldn't. Disabling them on a device that you didn't want them enabled on, after a series of checking each of them, they'll eventually all disable or one of them will.

Sometimes you can just enable Portrait and Studio Light for the webcam and it won't impact the other devices under the Camera menu bar. Then randomly at some point during a live stream my Elgato game capture source mid-stream inherited the portrait mode and suddenly blurred out the entire game feed. I disable it in the capture card and then noticed later it disabled it for the webcam. It doesn't appear to hold this settings individually for each devices listed under OBS in the Camera menu bar.

I've already worked with Elgato support to rule it out being caused by the capture card as when we completely removed the Elgato capture card from the equation and just used any of the three different webcams that I use with only the OBS virtual camera source added to the scene, turning on those camera features impacted all of them. This certainly feels like either an OBS or macOS issue. I'd love to just find out a way to isolate out letting the macOS camera menu bar only impact the webcam I want in OBS and not let it touch the Elgato capture card.

I also captured a video of this issue occurring and how it impacts the OBS sources, but the filesize was too large to attach to this post, so hosted it on an unlisted YouTube link or can file share it at someones request.

My OBS Log File