Resource icon

ObsInfoPlugin 1.2

partouf

partouf submitted a new resource:

ObsInfoPlugin - Outputs a timestamp of the total stream time in a file when pressing a hotkey

Helpful for easily marking timestamps during streams for later cutting of vods.

Currently hardcoded to accept F12, writes to the file ObsInfo.txt in your Roaming\Obs folder.

Open Source, source can be found on Github.

Binary is built with VS2013 Express, 32 bits.

Read more about this resource...

WORDS cannot describe how awesome this is. Given the hardcoded f12 thing is bothersome, it is a great start for making a highlight program

Isegrim

A nice plugin that needs a little bit of work, to make super user friendly, if you ask me.
It would be nice if you could set the path you want to save the *.txt to.
It would also be great if the .txt filename would match the name of the recording, this way you could have a txt file for each recording, avoiding a huge list of timestamps in one single file effectivly.

partouf

A nice plugin that needs a little bit of work, to make super user friendly, if you ask me.
It would be nice if you could set the path you want to save the *.txt to.
It would also be great if the .txt filename would match the name of the recording, this way you could have a txt file for each recording, avoiding a huge list of timestamps in one single file effectivly.

New version allows you to set the Output folder, be aware that the directory needs to exist, and you need to have the proper rights to write to it.

As far as I can see, the Obs API doesn't allow to ask for the name of the current recording. (nor would that be useful for people that timestamp during live streaming)

The thing I would suggest is to rename the files after recording to what you want.

Flickorz

New version allows you to set the Output folder, be aware that the directory needs to exist, and you need to have the proper rights to write to it.

As far as I can see, the Obs API doesn't allow to ask for the name of the current recording. (nor would that be useful for people that timestamp during live streaming)

The thing I would suggest is to rename the files after recording to what you want.

I was just about to make a new post requesting for a plugin like this, but turns out its already been made, and its fantastic.

One thing I would like to see however, is something to know which time stamps go with each recording. If you are not able to set the current video file name, can you not just put in the current time and date. That should then match up with the video title anyway? (I do not stream much, I mostly do local recordings)

Example:

StartStream Time: 11:07:32 Date: 06/09/2015
0:00:10
0:00:15
0:00:21
StopStream

Videos name would be set to 2015-09-06-1107-32 anyway

Isegrim

OBS-MP needs a plugin like this. I just assume most people haven't tried this plugin and therefore don't see it's value.
I prefer this over every archiving function streaming services provide. it's just a giant pain in the ass to look for a certain moment in your archive while this helps you find that moment within seconds.

Truttster

Suggestions:

- add support for detection of mouse buttons as hotkey if possible in plugin gui config
At the moment you can manual assign mouse buttons in config file
(i.e.
1=Left Click
2=Right Click
3=?(Guess = scroll wheel axis)
4=Mouse 3 (scroll wheel button)
5=Mouse 3
6=Mouse 3)

- add more tags to plugin page if possible (i.e. event logger, marker, ect)

Last edited: